beantwoord

40% discount for EU students?

• 11 februari 2018
  • 6 reacties
  • 907 Bekeken

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 0 reacties
I saw an advert at Utrecht Centraal for a 40% student discount. I am an English (EU/EEA) student, studying full time in the Netherlands. I have a personal OV-Chipkaart. Am I eligible for this discount, and if so how can I apply? I cannot find a webpage where I can apply, so I would be very happy if you could link me to one.

Many thanks
CSF
icon

Beste antwoord door Tochjo 11 februari 2018, 16:32

NS doesn't offer special discounts for current students. The ad you saw was probably one to inform students that NS has an offer for students that have graduated or have to hand in their student travel product for another reason.

If you don't qualify for the student travel product that is part of Dutch student finance, then you can buy one of the season tickets on this page, but you will have to pay the regular price.
Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Maybe this helps. Contact Customer service. By telephone is the most effective in your situation. You will get a normal subscription when you follow my link.
Badge +3
NS doesn't offer special discounts for current students. The ad you saw was probably one to inform students that NS has an offer for students that have graduated or have to hand in their student travel product for another reason.

If you don't qualify for the student travel product that is part of Dutch student finance, then you can buy one of the season tickets on this page, but you will have to pay the regular price.
Badge +3
If you have an ISIC card, there seem to be some discount plans but I can't find any links with info.

Hopefully someone from NS will know. They visit this forum on a regular basis.

BTW, strange that the English website translates a 'subscription' as 'season ticket' because that term is mostly used for museum or parks (Efteling, etc). 😛
Badge +3
Found some info in this topic (in Dutch). Contact them for more information.
Badge +3
According to https://www.isic.nl/en/public-transport/card/ the card that Robert B mentioned is out of stock.
Badge +3
According to https://www.isic.nl/en/public-transport/card/ the card that Robert B mentioned is out of stock.
Ah, in that case (and if you have a credit card) a card from www.tripkey.nl will offer the same (20% reduction in off-peak hours for trains) but it also includes bicycle rental (OV-fiets, which you can order for free if you have a Dutch bank account).

But since you already have a personal ov-chipcard have a look at the different subscriptions mentioned before.

Reageer