beantwoord

About subscription payment

• 18 augustus 2019
  • 2 reacties
  • 100 Bekeken

Hello, I subscribed for ns flex weekend vrij while I still had my friends bank account(IBAN) saved on my profile. I don't want him to pay, but I didn't know that it would automatically use his bank account as he ordered dal voordeel for me before. My question is would he still be charged if I waited a little bit before picking up my order and change the bank account on mijnNS, and when I change my subscription from dal voordeel to weekend vrij, will the refund be sent to the new bank account or the previous one that was used to purchase it in the first place? Thank you very much in advance.
icon

Beste antwoord door Stijn NS 18 augustus 2019, 11:59

Good morning Sila21 and welcome to the NS Community!

If I understand correctly, you used to have a Dal Voordeel subscription that your friend order for you, which means his bank account number is registered with that subscription. You've now changed that to an NS Flex subscription, which means your friends bank account will still be used for that. You've not picked up the NS Flex confirmation though, and would now like to know if changing your bank account via Mijn NS will still have an effect on what bank account will be used for the first NS Flex payment. Does this sound right?

Truthfully, I'm not sure. It's a pretty unique situation and I'm not entirely sure how a change in bank account number will be processed while a subscription swap is already in process. My best educated guess would be that the NS Flex contract has taken over the old bank account number. At this point, there are two different contracts, which each have their own bank account number and each would need to be changed separately. Whether or not you can already change the bank account used for the NS Flex contract before activation, I can't say for sure, you'll have to check that in your Mijn NS account.

I would suggest contacting our Customer Service for this, as they will be able to check which bank account number is used for which contract at this point, but I do want to point out in advance that they won't be able to change the bank account number that's used for the NS Flex contract. That's something only you can do via your Mijn NS account.
Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Good morning Sila21 and welcome to the NS Community!

If I understand correctly, you used to have a Dal Voordeel subscription that your friend order for you, which means his bank account number is registered with that subscription. You've now changed that to an NS Flex subscription, which means your friends bank account will still be used for that. You've not picked up the NS Flex confirmation though, and would now like to know if changing your bank account via Mijn NS will still have an effect on what bank account will be used for the first NS Flex payment. Does this sound right?

Truthfully, I'm not sure. It's a pretty unique situation and I'm not entirely sure how a change in bank account number will be processed while a subscription swap is already in process. My best educated guess would be that the NS Flex contract has taken over the old bank account number. At this point, there are two different contracts, which each have their own bank account number and each would need to be changed separately. Whether or not you can already change the bank account used for the NS Flex contract before activation, I can't say for sure, you'll have to check that in your Mijn NS account.

I would suggest contacting our Customer Service for this, as they will be able to check which bank account number is used for which contract at this point, but I do want to point out in advance that they won't be able to change the bank account number that's used for the NS Flex contract. That's something only you can do via your Mijn NS account.
Thanks a lot for your response, I will contact customer service.

Reageer