beantwoord

actie dalvrij maand gedurende zomer 2018

• 9 juni 2018
  • 6 reacties
  • 357 Bekeken

Komt er deze zomer weer een actie dalvrij voor een maand gedurende de zomer?
icon

Beste antwoord door Stijn NS 10 juni 2018, 12:31

I understand your reluctance, Jake_89. As you stated yourself, the NS Flex subscription is essentially still in a beta phase and not all combinations with for example bus, tram and metro travel have been implemented yet. This will of course still happen, but right now that is not possible.

As for whether or not the monthly versions of the Weekend Vrij and Dal Vrij will return this year, I simply do not know. Information about that usually only gets released relatively close to when those versions actually become available. Personally I think the odds of them returning are slim, because of the availability of NS Flex, but as it's still in a beta phase, it's not too far-fetched to assume they would return. At this point, we'll just have to wait and see unfortunately.
Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Je kunt via de webshop een Dal Vrij Flex maand aanschaffen voor €103
https://www.ns.nl/nsflex/webshop
Je kunt via de webshop een Dal Vrij Flex maand aanschaffen voor €103
https://www.ns.nl/nsflex/webshop

the problem I have with Dal Vrij Flex so far at the moment is that as far as I am aware, it blocks you from adding a seperate subscription for bus tram and metro, so you’re forced to travel full fare. That’s what’s stopping me from using NS flex. I quite like travelling in buses, trams and metros in addition to the train, so have no intention to use NS Flex until a solution for these modes of transport is found. The other issue with the Flex - why can you not choose your start date when ordering a new subscription? I’d rather stick to a classic subscription until Flex comes out of Beta, because it looks too glitchy right now

I would personally hope that the introduction of NS Flex doesn’t affect the chance of Dal Vrij /weekend Vrij monthly pass coming back. Given it’s relatively high popularity, I still am reasonably confident it will come back this year.
Badge +3
Welkom @jodydi bij de community!

Ik spreek excellent Engels, prima Duits, redelijk Frans en steenkolen Spaans...

Of wilde @Jake_89 ergens naar verwijzen?

Maar Dal Vrij voor een maand was vorig jaar als 'lokkertje' te koop (in de vakantieperiode, misschien komt het nog..) maar is nu alleen nog maar per maand beschikbaar via www.ns.nl/flex

Edit: Oeps, die pagina geeft oude/foute info dus doe maar deze voor nu.
I understand your reluctance, Jake_89. As you stated yourself, the NS Flex subscription is essentially still in a beta phase and not all combinations with for example bus, tram and metro travel have been implemented yet. This will of course still happen, but right now that is not possible.

As for whether or not the monthly versions of the Weekend Vrij and Dal Vrij will return this year, I simply do not know. Information about that usually only gets released relatively close to when those versions actually become available. Personally I think the odds of them returning are slim, because of the availability of NS Flex, but as it's still in a beta phase, it's not too far-fetched to assume they would return. At this point, we'll just have to wait and see unfortunately.

Thanks for your response, Stijn.

I am actually considering a seperate OV Chipkaart to try out Flex, or perhaps change my current card to Flex and then order a new card for seperate bus tram metro products which is always a temporary (but complicated) solution.

I think you're right that the odds of the monthly Dal/Weekend Vrij coming back are slim. Last year it came back on the 13th of June, still no-show, but I also see NS is currently advertising Weekend Vrij on its website for a yearly-subscription so I don't see them changing that anytime soon. I also imagine through logic, they won't bring it back because they want to encourage people to take up the new Flex instead.

But anyways, I think NS does deserve some congratulations for finally opening up Dal/Weekend Vrij permanently to people who want it per month through Flex. Making these two (along with OV-Vrij) locked out to only yearly contracts (with no alternative) was always a big mistake that never made any sense in my opinion, its good you corrected it.
Trying out NS Flex on a different card would indeed be a solution to still be able to use a bus-, tram- and metro product, at least until it can be combined on the same card!

Thank you for the compliment as well, I think there's a lot of people who would very much agree with you. 🙂

Reageer