beantwoord

Are there any Options to add to a OV-Chipcard for travel to and from work

• 23 augustus 2018
  • 6 reacties
  • 99 Bekeken

I am looking for what options there might be, if any, to add as a monthly subscription to my OV chipcard that would best suit travel between Rotterdam and Amsterdam for work purposes. So travel will generally be during peak periods.

Are there any products which would work for this situation?
icon

Beste antwoord door bryan 23 augustus 2018, 21:29

Okay. Instead of oneliners, let's help @deric.venra :

@Stijn NS suggests to take a Traject Vrij. This costs 410 euros/month. This is only valid on the Rotterdam - Amsterdam route via Leiden and The Hague HS. If you want to take the Intercity Direct trains (Amsterdam - Schiphol Airport - Rotterdam) you need to buy a supplement at the station(2,40 / 1,40 peak/offpeak oneway) or buy an additional subscription for 61 euros a month

Since @Miriam NS points out NS Flex doesn't work with IC Direct supplements, I recommend you to take the regular Altijd Vrij subscription instead of Traject Vrij. This also costs 410 euros a month, but gives you unlimited access to the Dutch railway network (again, excluding IC direct trains; for these you need to buy a supplement).
Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Good afternoon deric.venra and welcome to the NS Community!

Yes, there are! Depending on how often you travel per week, you might want to consider either the Traject Vrij subscription,or the Altijd Voordeel subscription.

A Traject Vrij montly subscription is generally worth it when you travel more than 4 days a week on the same route. It can depend a little bit on the route though. In your case, without a subscription, you'd pay about €528 per month, with 4 return trips per week. A Traject Vrij monthly subscription would cost €410 instead!
Reputatie 5
Badge
In your case, without a subscription, you'd pay about €528 per month, with 4 return trips per week. A Traject Vrij monthly subscription would cost €410 instead!

I would recommend a NS Flex Altijd Vrij subscription. This costs €334 a month, but gives you unlimited access to the Dutch railway system (accept for the Intercity Direct trains which require a supplement, an additional €61 a month but I don't know how that works with NS Flex, maybe @Stijn NS knows?)
It is not possible to combine the NS Flex subscription with the IC Direct supplement yet.
Reputatie 5
Badge
Okay. Instead of oneliners, let's help @deric.venra :

@Stijn NS suggests to take a Traject Vrij. This costs 410 euros/month. This is only valid on the Rotterdam - Amsterdam route via Leiden and The Hague HS. If you want to take the Intercity Direct trains (Amsterdam - Schiphol Airport - Rotterdam) you need to buy a supplement at the station(2,40 / 1,40 peak/offpeak oneway) or buy an additional subscription for 61 euros a month

Since @Miriam NS points out NS Flex doesn't work with IC Direct supplements, I recommend you to take the regular Altijd Vrij subscription instead of Traject Vrij. This also costs 410 euros a month, but gives you unlimited access to the Dutch railway network (again, excluding IC direct trains; for these you need to buy a supplement).
@bryan @Stijn NS @Miriam NS, Thank you all for the input.

It does make more sense to go for the Altijd Vrij with the option then to add the IC supplement then for now. It was hard to find information so I am very grateful.

At least I have some numbers now to work with. Thank you again.
My apologies, I indeed forgot to add the Altijd Vrij subscription as well, the price of an Altijd Vrij monthly subscription would be the same as a Traject Vrij monthly subscription due to the length of the route!

Reageer