beantwoord

Best Abonnement for a student who has to commute 2days/week

• 11 maart 2019
  • 4 reacties
  • 108 Bekeken

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 1 reactie
Hi,
I will need to commute from Delft Station to Amsterdam Centraal 2days/week. I will generally take the train at 7.30-8.00 and at 17.30-18.00. Do you have any suggestion for me?

I'm 25 yo, Master Student at TU Delft with European citizenship.

Thank you
icon

Beste antwoord door Stijn NS 11 maart 2019, 16:25

Good afternoon csr and welcome to the NS Community!

From what you describe you're always travelling during the peak hours, but you're not travelling enough to make the Traject Vrij or Altijd Vrij subscription worth it. Thus, the only subscription that would work for you travel behaviour is the Altijd Voordeel subscription. This subscription gives you 40% discount in the off peak hours and 20% discount in the peak hours.

Assuming you're making two return trips per week, this would save your approximately €11,04 per week (€5,52 per return trip) and around €47 a month. Depending on the type of Altijd Voordeel subscription you would purchase, that would result in a net profit between €19 and €23 a month.

The Altijd Voordeel subscription can be purchased in three different versions:
  • An NS Flex version, which costs €24 a month. (You can find more information on NS Flex here and here)
  • A classic version, where you travel with the balance on your card, available in both a continuous yearly subscription (€23 a month) or as a single month (€28).
Hopefully this helps!
Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Good afternoon csr and welcome to the NS Community!

From what you describe you're always travelling during the peak hours, but you're not travelling enough to make the Traject Vrij or Altijd Vrij subscription worth it. Thus, the only subscription that would work for you travel behaviour is the Altijd Voordeel subscription. This subscription gives you 40% discount in the off peak hours and 20% discount in the peak hours.

Assuming you're making two return trips per week, this would save your approximately €11,04 per week (€5,52 per return trip) and around €47 a month. Depending on the type of Altijd Voordeel subscription you would purchase, that would result in a net profit between €19 and €23 a month.

The Altijd Voordeel subscription can be purchased in three different versions:
  • An NS Flex version, which costs €24 a month. (You can find more information on NS Flex here and here)
  • A classic version, where you travel with the balance on your card, available in both a continuous yearly subscription (€23 a month) or as a single month (€28).
Hopefully this helps!
Thank you very much!
Reputatie 5
For FLEX you need both a Dutch adress AND a dutch bank-account that offers the direct I-Deal payment method. Cannot do with a creditcard.
Also: If you also use trains to somewhere else on weekends or so-look at slightly higher priced options. For just a little more you may gain a lot more in travel options. And if you just wait till 18.30=after PM peak for return, you also save more.
Your age, nor being a foreign student will help at all in gaining lower fares here.
For FLEX you need both a Dutch adress AND a dutch bank-account that offers the direct I-Deal payment method.
You don't need a Dutch adress and a Dutch bank-account for Flex. You only need this when you want to order a FLEX subscription with a card in one go.

There is a workaround for this.

You can order a personal OV chipkaart at https://www.ov-chipkaart.nl/home.htm#/.

Then you can contact NS https://www.ns.nl/en/customer-service/contact and order a subscription by phone if you have an IBAN bank account.

There is a 10 day waiting period before the subscription can start. The NS uses this time to check your IBAN account.

Reageer