Buying a ticket with a international phone number. | NS Community
beantwoord

Buying a ticket with a international phone number.

• 15 March 2022
  • 7 reacties
  • 1033 Bekeken

Hey, so I am in the netherlands for an exchange semester. I would like to see other parts of the netherlands and therefore getting an NS flex membership is the best option. However when trying to buy such a membership I need to fill in my phone number. I have kept my Norwegian phone number because the phone numbers inside the EU works the same (“Roam like home”). However the NS requires a dutch phone number to buy a subscription. Is there any solution for this/ a way to go around it?

icon

Beste antwoord door Robert B 15 March 2022, 20:31

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

But it is still really strange that they don’t accept foreign numbers.

On the one hand, it is. On the other hand, unfortunately, it is not surprising if you know the history of how NS handled and partly still handles customers (potential and real ones) from abroad.

Thank you for the answers! I do have a dutch bank account and a dutch address. The only thing missing was the number. So I will just put in 0100000000. It does not make sense to buy a card for 7,50 and then the subscription afterwards to get around this. But it is still really strange that they don’t accept foreign numbers.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

Hej, nordmenn. Stemmer: fone is not imptrt, your bank is-any non-dutch account will not be accepted. For IBAN/SEPA from EU you have to fone and they must accept, but I dk about non-EU, though NO does not appear to be that much untrustworthy.

The SEPA regulation also applies to Norway, so yes, a Norwegian IBAN must be accepted. Although it may be better to open an account (e.g. with Revolut) to minimise the exchange costs.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

Hej, nordmenn. Stemmer: fone is not imptrt, your bank is-any non-dutch account will not be accepted. For IBAN/SEPA from EU you have to fone and they must accept, but I dk about non-EU, though NO does not appear to be that much untrustworthy.

And yes, you MUST have that personal chipcard, this is not Ruter/Oslo where its all on the fone! You get it for free when you start a paid subscription.

Best choice is likely weekendVrij: you can travel as much as you like/can on any train (NOT bus-tram!!) for about 32€/month INside NL. If you also have to use train weekdays it gets all different.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

What you do need is a Dutch postal address, and the possibility to pay via iDeal (a Dutch bank account, or something like Bunq, Revolut or through a friend).

Or if you don't have a iDeal or a Dutch addres, then you still need to go through customer service.

Badge +3

Just enter 10 digits starting with a 0 and it will be accepted. NS is not going to call you anyway.

I always use 0100000000 :wink: A number of your university, place of stay or a friend will do as well.

What you do need is a Dutch postal address, and the possibility to pay via iDeal (a Dutch bank account, or something like Bunq, Revolut or through a friend).

Reputatie 6

Hey hanjor. Welcome to the NS Community. You can still order this product with us if you order it by contacting our Customer Service, but you will need to already have a personal OV-chipcard to order it that way. 

Reageer