beantwoord

Can we use ZWAM Dal Advantage on top of NS Flex ?

• 14 augustus 2019
  • 5 reacties
  • 101 Bekeken

I have NS Flex, I want to use ZWAM Dale Advantage (40% discount on off peak hours in connexxion buses), but one of my friend previously faced issue using ZWAM DAL with NS Flex

Her situation: she already had ZWAM dal active, then she changed to NS flex, but after switching to NS flex, she has noticed full amount being deducted in connxxion busses (amstelland) despite the ZWAM dal active.

Is it like we cannot use ZWAM dal if we have NS flex?
icon

Beste antwoord door Tochjo 14 augustus 2019, 16:45

NS Flex doesn't combine well with other subscriptions. Sometimes a certain combination will work, but in general the behaviour is unpredictable.

In your case, we already know that the desired combination will not work since your friend experienced problems. This means that you should use two different OV chipcards (one for each subscription), or end NS Flex and start travelling on credit for train travel too.
Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Badge +3
NS Flex doesn't combine well with other subscriptions. Sometimes a certain combination will work, but in general the behaviour is unpredictable.

In your case, we already know that the desired combination will not work since your friend experienced problems. This means that you should use two different OV chipcards (one for each subscription), or end NS Flex and start travelling on credit for train travel too.
That is not good for a user correct ? As the name says , it should be flexible.
But is there anything official on what combination can used and what cannot ?
Badge +3
It will most likely not work with both "products" on the same OV-chipkaart. The problem is that NS Flex will overrule the other "products" on the card so the card readers won't register your journey as being made with the reduction because NS Flex won't see your Connexxion reduction product. It will register your journeys with Connexxion as full fare journeys and will bill them as such.

Probably the only way to get this to work is to get a second OV-chipkaart and use that for travel with the Connexxion reduction. It also means that you have to go back to topping up the OV-chipkaart before travelling.
Reputatie 4
But is there anything official on what combination can used and what cannot ?

No, there's not. Trial and error is the way.
Badge +3
NS Flex is still in development and one of the challenges is to integrate regional reduction "products" into the billing system. There are literally dozens of different regional reduction types in the Netherlands, each with different terms and conditions.

For the time being NS Flex can only appropriately administer national NS reductions. I wouldn't get my hopes up that the integration with regional reductions will be implemented in the foreseeable future.

Reageer