beantwoord

Cancel dal voordeel subscription

• 11 maart 2015
  • 7 reacties
  • 4064 Bekeken

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 2 reacties
I would like to cancel my dal voordeel subscription for next year because I do not live in the Netherlands anymore.
Please tell me a way to cancel it online, if possible, without blocking my OV-chipkaart.
icon

Beste antwoord door Janou NS 12 maart 2015, 12:24

I will visit Germany in June and I am considering to visit the Netherlands on my way back home, so it will be convenient to have a OV-chipkaart with the subscription valid through 29 June 2015.
Another concern is the time limit. The application for stopping the renewal of my subscription is at least 3 months before the renewal date -- 29 March 2015, unless the rules for the discout deal have changed.
Is there a way to stop the renewal without throwing away my current subscription?

Is there a reason why you would like to keep your subscriptrion untill 29 June 2015? If you want to come to Holland before the renewal of your subscription it is possible to end the subscription without blocking your OV-chipcard.

If you can send me a private message Max I can look up the possibilities. You can send me a private message by clicking on my name and then you go to "stuur bericht".
Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

It is possible for the NS to cancel your subscription without blocking your OV-chipkaart, but they seem to refuse to do that when it's not their fault that the subscription hasn't been canceled in time.
For more information you can read this thread.
Welcome to our forum max. Unfortunately I can't terminate your subscription without blocking your card. You can send an email to the ov chipcard company here, they may block your card. Please send me a personal message five days after you blocked your card. Include your personal details, card number and IBAN.
Thanks for your reply. My current Dal Voordeel subscription is valid till 29 June 2015, and I would like to keep it. I just want to stop the renewal of the subscription (valid from 30 June 2015 to June 29 2016). When I applied for the discount deal, I read somewhere that I need to contact NS if I want to stop the automatic renewal of the subscription. Do I have to throw away the remaining 3.5 months to avoid paying for the subscription for the 2nd year?

Welcome to our forum max. Unfortunately I can't terminate your subscription without blocking your card. You can send an email to the ov chipcard company here, they may block your card. Please send me a personal message five days after you blocked your card. Include your personal details, card number and IBAN.
Is there a reason why you would like to keep your subscriptrion untill 29 June 2015? If you want to come to Holland before the renewal of your subscription it is possible to end the subscription without blocking your OV-chipcard.
I will visit Germany in June and I am considering to visit the Netherlands on my way back home, so it will be convenient to have a OV-chipkaart with the subscription valid through 29 June 2015.
Another concern is the time limit. The application for stopping the renewal of my subscription is at least 3 months before the renewal date -- 29 March 2015, unless the rules for the discout deal have changed.
Is there a way to stop the renewal without throwing away my current subscription?

If you can send me a private message Max I can look up the possibilities. You can send me a private message by clicking on my name and then you go to "stuur bericht".
Reputatie 1
Badge
AFAIK ALL subscriptions for such seasons in NL/NS can be terminated untill 1 month before Expiry date. They will then continue and are possible to stop per month after the first full year. You MUST (inprinciple) also load the terminal date on your card from a machine, this is of course only possible after you have cancelled and that date is fixed. You still enjoy the discount from that card untill that date.

Reageer