beantwoord

Cancellation of my OV-chipkaart

• 30 januari 2017
  • 1 reactie
  • 55 Bekeken

Hi there

Since I long longer live in the Netherlands, I wish to cancel my OV-chipkaart, and I already tried to apply it on the NS website. Then I receive a mail with a PDF document which reminds me that I should contact the public transportation company regarding the travel product i purchased.

There is one travel product, annual subscription for 2nd class discount. Coincidentally I found that I need to pay 50 Euros for it before end of Jan. 31th. This is also the date I am hoping to cancel the card.

Do I still need to pay the 50 Euros? I don't have a NL bank account anymore since I am not living there.

By the way, I am also asked to send back my OV chipkaart with the pdf document. Since I am already back to my country, it seems a bit tricky for me to do it. Do I still need to send it back to the Netherlands?

Thanks,
Casper
Casper
icon

Beste antwoord door Thomas NS 30 januari 2017, 15:43

Hello altocasper, and welcome to the NS Serviceforum. I understand that you wish to cancel the products on your card that you pay for annually?

Normally, we'd ask you to block your OVchipcard first and contact us 5 days after blocking the OVchipcard. I believe you are currently in the middle of this process (blocking the OVchipcard). If you contact our customer service now (030 7515155) and ask them to cancel your contract before it gets prolongued, I'm sure you will be able to cancel it before you leave the Netherlands. Let us know if you worked it out!
Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Reputatie 7
Hello altocasper, and welcome to the NS Serviceforum. I understand that you wish to cancel the products on your card that you pay for annually?

Normally, we'd ask you to block your OVchipcard first and contact us 5 days after blocking the OVchipcard. I believe you are currently in the middle of this process (blocking the OVchipcard). If you contact our customer service now (030 7515155) and ask them to cancel your contract before it gets prolongued, I'm sure you will be able to cancel it before you leave the Netherlands. Let us know if you worked it out!

Reageer