beantwoord

Cancelling my OV-chipkaart from abroad

• 15 maart 2015
  • 28 reacties
  • 1627 Bekeken

Hello,

I was living in the Netherlands in 2011 as an exchange student and made a personal ov-chipkaart. Then I left the country in 2012, not realizing that my subscription is automatically renewed. I got an e-mail from Groenewegen en Partners that I have to pay 90 euros as I didn't pay the subscription. Since it's my fault not knowing this fact, I paid the money even though I no longer live in the Netherlands and haven't used the card since I left.

Now I'm trying to block my ov-chipkaart and cancel my subscriptions, but it's impossible to do these online. I do not live in the country where you offer fixed line service(Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and Luxembourg) so I'm not sure if I can get help.
As I no longer live in the Netherlands, I don't have a Dutch account nor Dutch address. Can somebody please help me with this problem? I really want to finish this situation.

Any help will be appreciated, thank you!
icon

Beste antwoord door Leny NS 16 maart 2015, 09:32

Hello,

I was living in the Netherlands in 2011 as an exchange student and made a personal ov-chipkaart. Then I left the country in 2012, not realizing that my subscription is automatically renewed. I got an e-mail from Groenewegen en Partners that I have to pay 90 euros as I didn't pay the subscription. Since it's my fault not knowing this fact, I paid the money even though I no longer live in the Netherlands and haven't used the card since I left.

Now I'm trying to block my ov-chipkaart and cancel my subscriptions, but it's impossible to do these online. I do not live in the country where you offer fixed line service(Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and Luxembourg) so I'm not sure if I can get help.
As I no longer live in the Netherlands, I don't have a Dutch account nor Dutch address. Can somebody please help me with this problem? I really want to finish this situation.

Hi Alsrud, welcome to the NS serviceforum. I can help you by ending the NS subscription. But first you need to block your OV-chipcard. If I understand your correctly it's not possible to call the customer service to block the card. You can contact the customer service by email or block your card online (see link of Pe_pe) After you block the card, you can send me a private message with your personal details and the number of your OV-chipcard. You can send me a private message by clicking on my name and then 'stuur bericht'. I moved your question to the topic 'abonnementen'.
Bekijk origineel

28 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4
A moderator can help you, it is the fastest and most secure way. They will be here by tomorrow and will ask you to connect them with a private message. They need some personal information and the number of your card.your card will be blocked definitely after five days
In practice it seems to be possible to use any of the foreign fixed line numbers, despite of what they indicate on their website. The only drawback is that you will be charged international phone costs. You can also report your OV-chipcard lost or stolen online.

A moderator can help you, it is the fastest and most secure way. They will be here by tomorrow and will ask you to connect them with a private message. They need some personal information and the number of your card.your card will be blocked definitely after five days
I think you are wrong. The card can only be blocked by TLS. Five days after they did so, NS has received that information as well and alsrud can ask them to end the subscription.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
I do no not think so, it worked that way in the past. It is a lot cheaper for alsrud. Just have a look at the other topics about this subject:

General answer:

Dear diravan! Welcome to the NS serviceforum. I would like to help you further, but I need your personal details. Could you send me a private message?
Badge
Hello,

Hi Alsrud, welcome to the NS serviceforum. I can help you by ending the NS subscription. But first you need to block your OV-chipcard. If I understand your correctly it's not possible to call the customer service to block the card. You can contact the customer service by email or block your card online (see link of Pe_pe) After you block the card, you can send me a private message with your personal details and the number of your OV-chipcard. You can send me a private message by clicking on my name and then 'stuur bericht'. I moved your question to the topic 'abonnementen'.
Dear Leny, thank you for the quick response.

I tried to block it online though the link (Pe_pe) mentioned, but I found that I need a Dutch bank account, which I don't have. If I contact customer service by email, can I block the card without bank account?
Before I wrote on this forum, I contacted the customer service and they told me to print the form which requires Dutch bank account and address, which I don't have. I'd really like someone in NS help me with this issue...
The bank account is needed only for a refund of the remaining OV-chipcard deposit. If you don't really need it back, it'll probably work fine if you enter the Dutch bank account of some charity. With IBAN there's no number-name check anymore.
Wow, thank you so much!!! I managed to block the card. I really appreciate your help!! So relieved...
Hello, I'm almost with the same problem.. I did not realize that I needed to cancel my of, but I'm already in my country!! Can I do the same steps as alsrud??
Yes, you can Marina. Two days after canceling the card you can send me a private message!
Thank you Sivan!
Hello I have a kind of problem with my student product
Can anybody from NS please help me?
Thank you 🙂
Badge +3
What do you mean by "student product"? For the student travel product that is part of Dutch student finance, you need to contact DUO.
Hi there. Like others, I went to The Netherlands for student exchange and have applied for the Dal Voordeel subscription. As I have left The Netherlands early this year, I will not be able to return the NL to return my card / terminate the subscription. My next subscription is starting on 1st October 2015.

I have read that I should first report my card as stolen / lost and I have already done that I suppose. I stopped at the point whereby I have to key in my IBAN number for the balance to be transferred over. I have already closed my account and thus I do not have any European account.

Can someone please help me out? Thank you very much.
@janicekoh: You can send me a personal message with your full name, dutch address, date of birth, card number, email address and IBAN for the termination of your subscription. To send a private message, click on my username 'Inge NS' and then click on 'stuur bericht'.
Janicekoh doesn't have a IBAN as her account is closed and as far as I can read also not a Dutch address anymore.....
Good point, I mean the former Dutch address. I will see if she is entitled to a refund. In that case, we will make an international payment.
hello my name is Giovana PRIVE, i left amsterdam 6 months ago and i canceled my ov chipkaart, but now i received a email charging me because i didn't renew my subscription, but i canceled it. Now they are charging 90 euros, and i don't know why i have to pay, can someone help me?

Prijs hoofdabonnement:
€ 29,00 per jaar

€ 50,00 per jaar
Referentienummer:
Giovana, I will send you a private message.
Almost same problem here. Can somebody here help me block my card?
You have to block the OV-chipcard at TLS. After 5 days you can contact us to end the subscription.
I'm trying to block my ov-chipkaart and cancel my subscriptions, but it seems impossible to do these online. I don't have a Dutch account nor Dutch address anymore. I've left the Netherlands two years ago.
Did you try to reach the customer service of TLS 13dttt?
Dear 13dttt, the only way to block the card is to do this via the customer service of TLS. Please send me a private message with your personal details, initials, last name, date of birth, zipcode, housenumber and OV-Chipcardnumber. I will check for you what is the expiration date of your card and check if i can do something for you.

You can send me a message when you click on my name and than click on 'Stuur bericht'.

EDIT: I haven't received a message yet. Of course you can still send a message so i can help you with your request.
I have the same problem and I have already terminated my card, need now to end the subscription. Can anyone help me?

Reageer