beantwoord

Cancelling subscription from abroad

• 15 december 2014
  • 47 reacties
  • 1785 Bekeken

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 0 reacties
Dear NS,
I have tried to cancell my subscription from abroad but I am told I have to cancell the OV chipkaart first and then remove the subscription. In the meantime I have received an email that I am supposed to pay EUR 90 to Groenewegen en Partners for unpaid subscriptions but that is not possible without dutch account (which I obviously do not have).
Please let me know how to cancell the card, the subscription and how to settle the debt ASAP as I would like to end this nightmare.

Thank you in advance, Martin
icon

Beste antwoord door Leny NS 16 december 2014, 10:47

He Martin, welcome to the NS forum. You need to block your OV-chipcard firtst. Hopefully we can help you by ending this subscription. If you still need to block your OV-chipcard, click here

And please send me your personal data + the number of your OV-chipcard through a private message. You can send me a private message by clicking at my name and 'stuur bericht'.

Kind regards,

Leny
Bekijk origineel

47 reacties

Badge
He Martin, welcome to the NS forum. You need to block your OV-chipcard firtst. Hopefully we can help you by ending this subscription. If you still need to block your OV-chipcard, click here

And please send me your personal data + the number of your OV-chipcard through a private message. You can send me a private message by clicking at my name and 'stuur bericht'.

Kind regards,

Leny
Hi,

I am in the same situation as Martin.

I have already blocked the OV-Chipcard. I would appreciate if any moderator can help me in cancel my subscription and how to settle the debt also.

Thank you very much,

Juan

Thank you very much,

Kind regards,

Leny
Dear Juan, could you send me a private message with your name, card number and former address in the Netherlands?
Dear NS,
surprisingly I am in the same situation as many other people here. Not surprisingly for me that I am not the only one. I don´t live or stay in the Netherlands anymore, I don´t have a bank account or previous dutch phone number. Right now I even don´t know where the yellow card is, so I can´t tell you the card number. How please I can cancel, end or block this silly card and subscription and deal with the debt?
Thank you
Helena
Hello Helena, you can send me a private message with your former Dutch address, your card number which starts with 3528, your name and your date of birth.
Dear Ns,
I don't live in The Netherlands anymore and I already blocked my chipkaart. Now I got a mail from NS saying I got to pay 50 euros again. The bank account they're supposed to take the money from does not exist anymore.
I would like to cancel my abonnement. Can anybody please help me?
Hello Mikeldonazar, You can send me a private message with your name, address, date of birth and card number. Than I will help you.
Hello,

It is somewhat funny to see that many other people are in the same situation as I am. I would love if NS would be so kind as to cancel a subscription that is not paid for anymore, instead of charging it again plus the law fees...

Anyways, I also need to do this. And it just so happened that I paid it for 2 other friends of mine, to which I get charges being directed at my e-mail, even though I don't live in the Netherlands for over six months. How can I go about solving this issue? Since, like I said, I paid for the subscription of mine and two others, I am not sure I can recover the number of all three cards.

Thanks,

Daniel
@Daniel Diniz You need to block the OV-chipcard's first. And send me your personal data + the number of the OV-chipcard's through a private message. You can send me a private message by clicking at my name and 'stuur bericht'.
Hello,

As many above I am with the same problem and quite unsatisfied with the NS.
I also do not live in the Netherlands anymore and am stuck with this subscription plus the additional costs for the 'incassobureau'.

When calling, the NS employee told me to deactivate my card first of all though the website.
Since I do not have a Dutch bank account anymore I cannot provide the iBancode, which apparently is necessary to block the card.

Could someone please help me with this problem? I do not like the feeling of having open bills, even though the bill is somewhat unfair in my opinion.

Regards,

C.
Welcome to our forum Carolina. You can send me a personal message. Include your card number, dutch address details and date of birth. Hopefully I can help you in this situation.
Hi All, I am also struggling to find the way to terminate my OV chipcard and the yearly subscription on it. Could you please help with doing so? I moved from the Netherlands as of 1st of May. Thanks in advance. Greetings,
Welcome to our Service Forum nazsu! When we cancel a subscription we will need you to deactivate the contract at a NS ticket machine. However, if you already left The Netherlands that will be no option. Therefore you'll first need to contact the OV-chipkaart customer service to block your card. Please, click here for their contact details. Five working days after the card has been blocked, you can terminate your subscription through the following phone number: 0031307515155.
Thanks.:) However I see that the from foreign country I can call from Belgium, Luxembourg or Germany but not from Italy where I am now. Plus I see this, ''It is not possible to call Klantenservice OV-chipkaart from other foreign countries.'' Or is it not true? - I contacted them via e-mail, I hope it will work.
Thanks.:) However I see that the from foreign country I can call from Belgium, Luxembourg or Germany but not from Italy where I am now. Plus I see this, ''It is not possible to call Klantenservice OV-chipkaart from other foreign countries.'' Or is it not true? - I contacted them via e-mail, I hope it will work.

You can use their website to block the card yourself.

The link provided by Herman NS only works if you have a 'My OV-chipkaart' account. It seems like the phone numbers are also reachable from abroad, only at higher costs. If they ask for a Dutch bank account and you don't have one anymore, you can provide a Dutch bank account number of a charity of your choice. They will refund the remaining money on your card to that bank account.
Thanks. I have a very old card from 2010, and back then we didn't have this 'my OV-chipcard' account. I am trying to solve it somehow and if it is not working, calling them again. I tried actually already from Belgium a month ago or so before I left to Italy, but it didn't work, they didn't really help solving the issue. On top of that my original card (from 2010) expired in this month (31st of May 2015) therefore NS sent a new one with a new number. I assume they continued my subscription on that card too. It is a bit chaotic now. I hope to find a way out..
When they have sent you a replacement card, you don't have to do anything with the card it replaces. You should only terminate the new card, after May 31.
Okay. That is good to know. Thanks!
Do you know by any chance how to link 'Mijn Ns' account to an 'Ov-chipcard' account? On 'Mijn Ns' account I see my cards, but have troubles finding them on the Ov-chipcard account. It says that my new card was added to another account, which of course I cannot find back.
'Mijn Ns' and 'My Ov-chipkaart' are completely separate. To add a card to a 'My Ov-chipkaart' account, you need to go to a ticket vending machine with your card, which isn't an option for you.
Ah ok, then no other option than calling. Thanks a lot.
Dear NS,

I have moved to London for my studies and didn't cancel my subscription on time (free weekend travel). To be honest I thought I would be able to do this online from abroad but it turned out not to be the case.

I tried to call your call center but I didn't get trough, just waiting on hold for ages and since I was calling from abroad it costed my a little fortune already.

I followed your guidelines here, I blocked my OV chipcard and sent a private message to someone from this forum providing my details, but they said they can't help and they don't answer private messages.

What should I do now?

Best regards,
Klaudia
Hi Klaudia. Can you give me the reference number of the contract? It is mentioned in our e-mail.
I received your number.

Your card has not been cancelled yet. Please do so, and send me another message after two days. I can then cancel the subscription for you.
Hi Sivan,

Thank you for the fast response. I really thought I did terminate the card but apparently it didn't work. I tried again and now it says that the card was terminated!

Thank you

Reageer