beantwoord

Cancelling subscription weekend free

• 23 september 2016
  • 17 reacties
  • 542 Bekeken

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 1 reactie
Hey guys. I wanted to cancel my weekend vrij subscription after 1 year of usage. I read in the contract that the subscription can be canceled anytime after one year.

My subscription ends at 23th of September, and I called the customer service to cancel the subscription yet they insisted that I cannot do that and I still need to pay 1 more month after my 1-year date (which is 32 euro).

Can someone here from ns could clarify it or help me to cancel my subscription as fast as possible?

(my referentie nummer : 15419555)
icon

Beste antwoord door Tochjo 23 september 2016, 12:52

A two weeks' notice is not required (anymore), since NS must end a subscription within a month of notification by the customer. Since NS only ends subscriptions on the same date of the month as the subscription started on, this means that a two weeks' notice cannot apply: if someone has a subscription that started on the 23rd of a month and this person calls on the 22nd of September to end that subscription, then the subscription will end on the 23rd of September. See this thread or this thread (in Dutch) for more information about this.
Bekijk origineel

17 reacties

Hi Kevs,

Before i can write anything i want to have a look at your situation. When you click on my name you can send a private message. Please note your personal details, date of birth and ov-chipcardnumber,
Hi Klaas, i sent it to you.

Thanks!
Reputatie 7
Badge +3
If you want to cancel you have to give notice two weeks in advance. So if you have cancelled later than September 9 you have to pay until October 23.
Badge +3
A two weeks' notice is not required (anymore), since NS must end a subscription within a month of notification by the customer. Since NS only ends subscriptions on the same date of the month as the subscription started on, this means that a two weeks' notice cannot apply: if someone has a subscription that started on the 23rd of a month and this person calls on the 22nd of September to end that subscription, then the subscription will end on the 23rd of September. See this thread or this thread (in Dutch) for more information about this.
Hi! I also need to end my weekend free subscription but i think my card is not 1 year usage yet because i have to leave the country soon. How to do it then? And can I still use the card without subscription in case next year i visit NL?
Hi Diya and welcome 🙂. You may send me a private message with your personal details so I can help you with this!
Hi! i also want to end my weekend free subscription as i will be leaving country in few days. it will not be useful to me hence forward. can you pelase let me knwo the processor of it. thanks
Please click on my name and send me a private message with your personal details and ov-chipcardnumber.
hi Klaas, i sent to you details...
Can someone help me so I can end my weekend vrij subscription because i have to leave the country in few days
Good morning,

I was living in The Netherlands for one year so I got the yearly 40% discount on my NS chipkaart. Now I moved out of the country and they sent me an email that they are going to charge me for the suscription this year as well -an amount of 50€-. Is there a way to cancel that subscription since I am not there anymore?

Thank you.
Hi Carlos Campillos Martinez,

I'll advise you to contact the customer service of OV-chipkaart to block your OV-chipcard. After 4 working days you can contact our customer service. My colleagues will help you with the determination of the NS contract.
Dear Iris,

Thank you very much for your swift reply. Would blocking my chipkaart render it invalid? Because I am planning to keep using it and maybe eventually move back in The Netherlands in the future. The only thing is that I do not want to pay for a suscription I cannot use since I do not live there anymore.
If we determinate the NS-contract, you need to confirm this at a ticket machine. If you don't want to block the OV-chipcard, you could maybe send the OV-chipcard to a friend in the Netherlands so he/she can pick up the deactivation for you.
Can someone help me so I can end my weekend vrij subscription because i have to leave the country in few days

Diya, excuse me. For you it's not necessary to block the OV-chipcard. You can just contact our customer service and pick up the deactivation before you leave the country.
Dear Iris,

Thank you very much again for your help. I have blocked my OV chipkaart then and thus would like to terminate the suscription. My card number is *******. How should I proceed?
Hi Carlos, after 4 working days you can contact our customer services to end your contract.

Reageer