beantwoord

Changing my NS Flex Subscription and then how the billing works

• 11 augustus 2019
  • 2 reacties
  • 85 Bekeken

Hi guys, I currently am on a NS Flex Dal Voordeel subscription which costs €5 per month.

I am about to start work in Eindhoven in a few days which will mean I will be travelling during peak hours Monday to Friday, from Utrecht Central to Eindhoven Central.

So I was thinking of changing my subscription to Altijd Vrij, which is €347 per month.

Question 1) Would you agree this makes the most sense?

So now this is where it gets a bit more complicated. During the first month, I'm actually going to work for 1.5 weeks, and then take a 2.5 week holiday.

So I was thinking initially for the first month (given you can only changing subscriptions and then wait for 1 month, and I only want to keep 1 OV card), it would make sense to change my subscription to Altijd Voordeel, which is €24 per month. Then for the following month when I'm back at work change it to Altijd Vrij, which is €347 per month.

So I want to understand how the billing will work.

Ok so have I understood this correctly then. With my above example:
- This month my invoice was issued on 05-08-2019 and I was billed €5 fixed charge for the Dal Voordeel subscription covering the period 03-08-2019 to 02-09-2019 + (all the travel I made during the prior period).
- Then say as an example on 15-08-2019 I change my subscription to Altijd Voordeel, which is €24 per month.
- So my next invoice will still be around 03-09-2019 and will be approximately for (€24 for the period 03-09-2019 to 02-10-2019) + (19/31 x €24 for the period 15-08-2019 to 02-09-2019) + (all the travel I make during the prior period) and then a refund of approximately (19/31 x €5) for the unused portion of Dal Voordeel subscription.
- Then on 15-09-2019 I change my subscription to Altijd Vrij, which is €347 per month.
- So my invoice around 03-10-2019 will be approximately for (€347 for the period 03-10-2019 to 02-11-2019) + (18/30 x €347 for the period 15-09-2019 to 02-10-2019) + (all the travel I make during the prior period) and then a refund of approximately (18/30 x €24) for the unused portion of Altijd Voordeel subscription.

Question 2) Have I understood the billing stuff correctly?
icon

Beste antwoord door masd 11 augustus 2019, 09:53

So I was thinking of changing my subscription to Altijd Vrij, which is €347 per month.

1) Yes, makes absolutely the most sense. Even the DalVoordeel part. You've done your homework.

2) Yes, you did. But is has changed. Refunds or penalties after subscription changes will be paid or collected within a few days. What that'll do to the monthly invoice date is a bit unclear. In some cases it has changed, in some it hasn't. (NS says it shouldn't.)
Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Reputatie 4

1) Yes, makes absolutely the most sense. Even the DalVoordeel part. You've done your homework.

2) Yes, you did. But is has changed. Refunds or penalties after subscription changes will be paid or collected within a few days. What that'll do to the monthly invoice date is a bit unclear. In some cases it has changed, in some it hasn't. (NS says it shouldn't.)
Hello prat33, welcome on the NS Community.

You are very informed already! Like masd says with a change there is an extra invoice for the refund/charge for the subscription fees for the running month. The only other subscription that you could consider is Traject Vrij. I only mention it so you know it is an option. Because for the route you will be travelling on it would be 346,- euros a month with a subscription for a year minimum (it is not a NS Flex product).

Reageer