beantwoord

Changing to foreign bank account for season tickets

• 12 januari 2019
  • 16 reacties
  • 459 Bekeken

Hallo allemaal,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to order a season ticket (OV Vrij) without a Dutch bank account (I've tried already to order by phone). (Only one payment method which isn't usable by foreigners isn't really customer-oriented by the way).

So I've to ask someone with a Dutch bank account to order the ticket for me. Because sensitive information will be visible to each other (and the ordering person have to get sure that his bank account will not be chargeg after the first rate), the person who orders the ticket and I want to have a detailed describing of the procedure how to change the bank account directly after ordering (see this topic where it says that changing is *not* possible: https://community.ns.nl/mijn-ns-53/change-bank-account-51632).

Bedankt,

Daniel
icon

Beste antwoord door Jouke NS 13 januari 2019, 09:33

Hello DanielMe and welcome to the NS Community.

Once you have ordered the season ticket you can change the bank account but your friend will still be the one who is the contract owner. You will be the user of the card but this is not an ideal situation. Have you thought about getting a Dutch bank account? It is important to keep in mind that most season tickets will have to be used for at least one full year. Only the NS Flex contracts, Altijd Vrij Month and the Altijd Voordeel Month can be used for a shorter period. All the other options will have to go for at least a year. If you want some advise on how to proceed, we can help you here or you can contact our Customer Service. Use the Live Chat or Social Media options for a quick response.
Bekijk origineel

16 reacties

Hello DanielMe and welcome to the NS Community.

Once you have ordered the season ticket you can change the bank account but your friend will still be the one who is the contract owner. You will be the user of the card but this is not an ideal situation. Have you thought about getting a Dutch bank account? It is important to keep in mind that most season tickets will have to be used for at least one full year. Only the NS Flex contracts, Altijd Vrij Month and the Altijd Voordeel Month can be used for a shorter period. All the other options will have to go for at least a year. If you want some advise on how to proceed, we can help you here or you can contact our Customer Service. Use the Live Chat or Social Media options for a quick response.
Thank you, Jouke.

The detail that changing the contract owner wouldn't be possible wasn't mentioned by your colleagues who told me that I should try to change the IBAN afterwards.

It is important to keep in mind that most season tickets will have to be used for at least one full year. Only the NS Flex contracts, Altijd Vrij Month and the Altijd Voordeel Month can be used for a shorter period. All the other options will have to go for at least a year.

But it's possible to change yearly abonnements at any time to a free NS Flex Basis subscription.

For other foreigners, who have the same question: You can try to open a Dutch bank account at bunq, this seems to work.
Badge +3
You have to order the subscription in your name, which makes you the contract owner (as well as the card holder, of course).

The IBAN (bank account) used for the initial iDeal payment is ierrelevant. Anyone can do that for you.

The IBAN can then be changed to another (European) account afterwards. This needs to be done through customer service, because online would require another € 0,01 payment for verification (iDeal).

The change can take up to a few weeks, so you might want to initiate that change well in advance of future payments.
You have to order the subscription in your name, which makes you the contract owner (as well as the card holder, of course).

The IBAN (bank account) used for the initial payment is ierrelevant. Anyone can do that for you.

The IBAN can be changed to another (even foreign, but European) account afterwards. This needs to be done through customer service, because online another € 0,01 payment for verification is needed (iDeal). The change can take up to a few weeks, so you might want to make the change well in advance of future payments.

I am sorry to have to correct you here, Robert B. Changing the bank account is only possible through the Mijn NS account. For NS Flex there is no other option then that.

Edit: This is not correct. When you want to change it to a foreign bank account the customer service can help you.
Badge +3
I am sorry to have to correct you here, Robert B. Changing the bank account is only possible through the Mijn NS account. For NS Flex there is no other option then that.
Highly unlikely, because it is simply impossible through Mijn NS because of the mandatory € 0,01 iDeal verification.

For a foreign IBAN (or a Dutch one with no iDeal possibilities) you really need costumer service. If iDeal would be available, this topic would not exist.

Maybe they can also help you at a Tickets & Service desk. Bring all needed documents (ID, bank card in your name etc.)
There is no way for us to change the bank account for a NS Flex season ticket, Robert B. I am sorry. You will need to do it through Mijn NS or you are simply unable to change the bank account number.

Edit: this is not correct. When you want to change to a foreign bank account it is only possible through the customer service.
Badge +3
In that case, I need to point you to @Stijn NS's best answer (point 1) in this topic from 5 days ago:

You purchase a new NS Flex subscription and use an IBAN from a friend or family member who can perform iDeal payments. Once the subscription is active, you can then contact our Customer Service to change the IBAN to your own.

So who's right and who's wrong? Why would an IBAN be impossible to change anyway (one way or another)? 🤔
There is no way for us to change the bank account for a NS Flex season ticket, Robert B. I am sorry. You will need to do it through Mijn NS or you are simply unable to change the bank account number.
Then why is Miriam trying to do this for me in https://community.ns.nl/ns-flex-60/wijzigen-belgische-bankrekening-voor-incasso-hoe-aanvragen-liefst-niet-bellen-54899#post368694?

I suppose NS is in the process of checking my account by deducting 0,01 euro.

The old incasso has been terminated already. So NS has to get an incasso for my new account. Or renew the incasso on the old account. 😥😕😤😭👿
Okay, I am going to dive into this for you, Robert B and herrie. According to our support page it is indeed possible to change it through our customer service however we received some information that this is no longer possible. Therefor, I am going to check it for you.
Badge +3
Then why is Miriam trying to do this for me in https://community.ns.nl/ns-flex-60/wijzigen-belgische-bankrekening-voor-incasso-hoe-aanvragen-liefst-niet-bellen-54899#post368694.

I suppose NS is in the process of checking my account by deducting 0,01 euro.

Exactly, that's why I said a change can take a week or two. NS will try to auto-debit the 1 eurocent instead of the (prefered) iDeal payment.

Most likely, you need to authorize the auto-debit online by making or receiving some micro-payments with random small amounts to/from NS, or by filling in a form and sending it to your bank (similar to linking a bank account to e.g. PayPal, which is really quite simple but takes a few steps and some time).
Reputatie 7
Badge +3
Why do such things have to be so complicated at NS? This is only one example, but there are other things that seem to be impossible.
Reputatie 5
Why do such things have to be so complicated at NS?

Because traveling on debt is sensitive for fraud.
Reputatie 7
Badge +3
With that answer the only options is to go back buying your ticket at the machine.
A non-Dutch bank account is still a bank account, that is acceptable for other companies, but not for NS.
Reputatie 7
Badge +3
See this topic where another moderator says you can change the used bank account number, also to a foreign one.

https://community.ns.nl/ns-flex-60/ns-flex-zonder-ideal-54870#post368476
Yes Momo,

Another topic of the topicstarter DanielMe.
At this time I can confirm that I made a mistake and that other members of this community where right. When you want to change your bank account to a foreign bank account, and only a foreign bank account, you can contact our customer service for assistance. Only at that time we are able to change it for you. Thank you Robert B, s1mon9, Momo and herrie for persisting in this matter.

Reageer