beantwoord

Couldn't reach machine to pick up my order

• 7 oktober 2019
  • 3 reacties
  • 90 Bekeken

My bus was a bit delayed and I couldn't go to the machine for my OV card to start my new abonament which I ordered yesterday evening. I had to catch a train. And now it looks that I am traveling for standard fee? I bought an abonament so I can always travel for free for 345 euros.
icon

Beste antwoord door Maxime NS 7 oktober 2019, 09:13

Hello MARTYNA, welcome to the NS Community.

If you haven't activated your subscription yet, then you can't make use of it yet. After activating it you could ask our customer service if they're willing to reimburse you for the costs you made yesterday on the train when wanting to make the trip with your new subscription, since the contract started yesterday.
Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3
As long as you don't copy your abonnement to your card at the ticket machine you pay of course full fare.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
You do need to activate your subscription on a ticket machine. Otherwise it will not work. With a new ov-chipcard with a new subscription, obtained from NS, there is no need for activation, but with a new subscription on an existing card you do need to activate once. In the case you don't, the card does not 'know' anything about your subscription. You will pay the standard fee if you do not activate.
Hello MARTYNA, welcome to the NS Community.

If you haven't activated your subscription yet, then you can't make use of it yet. After activating it you could ask our customer service if they're willing to reimburse you for the costs you made yesterday on the train when wanting to make the trip with your new subscription, since the contract started yesterday.

Reageer