beantwoord

(English) Changing My NS Flex Subscription

• 2 November 2021
  • 7 reacties
  • 750 Bekeken

Hi all, 

So, I've been using an OV-chipkaart with NS Flex that normally renews on the 18th of each month. However, last month, on the 3rd of October, I switched from NS Flex Basis to Altijd Vrij. 

I've already been charged for Altijd Vrij from 3 October to 17 November (€178 from 3/10 to 17/10 and €356 from 18/10 to 17/11). After 17 November, I want to switch back to Basis as I will no longer need to travel that much, but I don't know if I should make the change in Mijn NS on 3 November or 17 November. 

3 November is actually tomorrow, so could you let me know if I should do it or wait until 17 November? Please note that I need to keep the subscription until 17 November. 

Below is a screenshot from my Mijn NS:

Thank you so much, and I wish you a pleasant evening! 

icon

Beste antwoord door Robert B 2 November 2021, 22:22

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Badge +3

Welcome to the NS Community!

What you see is correct. You can change it from 3 november but if you wish, keep it until you don’t need it anymore and change it the day afterwards (18 november if your last travel is on the 17th).

You will be billed/invoiced for 18-11 until 17-12 but that amount will be refunded a few days after a subscripion change to something cheaper.

Unfortunately, a change in NS Flex is instantly, so you can’t schedule it for a future date (yet).

What you see is correct. You can change it from 3 november but if you wish, keep it until you don’t need it anymore and change it the day afterwards (18 november if your last travel is on the 17th).

You will be billed/invoiced for 18-11 until 17-12 but that amount will be refunded a few days after a subscripion change to something cheaper.

Unfortunately, a change in NS Flex is instantly, so you can’t schedule it for a future date (yet).

Hi Robert! Thank you so much for the fast reply :)

So, if I understand correctly, if I want to keep travelling with Altijd Vrij, I should make the change in Mijn NS on 18/11 instead of 3/11 (tomorrow) - I'll be billed for the next month for Altijd Vrij first but then will receive a refund afterwards. Is that correct? :) Will the button for subscription change be grayed-out like on the screenshot?

On the other hand, if I make the switch in Mijn NS tomorrow, does it mean Altijd Vrij will immediately stops and I will get a refund for 3/11 to 17/11? 

Once again, thanks for your reply! :)

Badge +3

So, if I understand correctly, if I want to keep travelling with Altijd Vrij, I should make the change in Mijn NS on 18/11 instead of 3/11 (tomorrow) - I'll be billed for the next month for Altijd Vrij first but then will receive a refund afterwards. Is that correct? :) Will the button for subscription change be grayed-out like on the screenshot?

That is correct. You can change at nov 3 (or later). An NS Flex subscription is for one month minimum, and then until you dont want it anymore, instantly.

On the other hand, if I make the switch in Mijn NS tomorrow, does it mean Altijd Vrij will immediately stops and I will get a refund for 3/11 to 17/11? 

Yes, any possible change will be billed accordingly but you said you wanted to keep yours until november 17th?

Go ahead, change it anywhere between tomorrow (nov 3) and then… 

That is correct. You can change at nov 3 (or later). An NS Flex subscription is for one month minimum, and then until you dont want it anymore, instantly.

Yes, any possible change will be billed accordingly but you said you wanted to keep yours until november 17th?

Go ahead, change it anywhere between tomorrow (nov 3) and then… 

Thank you so much! Super appreciate it :)

I thought that if I didn’t make a change today (3 Nov), Altijd Vrij would automatically renew for another month and I wouldn’t be able to change it after my current invoice period ends on 17 Nov. In contrast, I thought if I made a change now, Altijd Vrij would stop and I wouldn’t be able to travel with it until the end of the period. Either way, it’s kind of paradoxical - so it’s super helpful to know I can change it freely from 3 Nov to 18 Nov. 

And have a good day, sir.

I have the same problem it says my billing date is 16 in the future but i was told it is 24th 

Badge +3

I have the same problem it says my billing date is 16 in the future but i was told it is 24th 

What the counter in Mijn NS or the NS app says is mostly wrong.

If your monthly invoice date for NS Flex was the 24th before, it will remain the same as always.

If you ordered a (second) NS Flex subscription with a new card around the 16th, the invoice date for that card will be around the 16th (September).

Reageer