beantwoord

Higher costs for individual consumers. Lower costs for businesses

• 31 december 2017
  • 3 reacties
  • 115 Bekeken

Why are the prices for the OV Vrij going up for individual consumers but NOT for NS business card users in 2018? In 2017 the cost for one year on OV Vrij is the same. In 2018, the cost of OV Vrij on an NS business card will go down by €258,5 (from €4654,8 to €4396,3 per year). Whereas the cost for individual consumers will go up from €387,90/month to €388,50/month (from €4654,30 to €4662 per year)? A total reduction to businesses of €258,50 or 5%. Shouldn't these price reductions apply to ALL consumers? I realise that the small increase for individuals is a result of an increase in the BTM, but why will NS business card holders with an OV Vrij abonnement now also get a reduction of €228 per year on just the train portion of the trip (https://www.ns.nl/producten/zakelijke-abonnementen/p/zakelijk-ov-vrij-abonnement) but not individuals? This was the same price in 2017!
icon

Beste antwoord door Klaas-Jan NS 2 januari 2018, 17:19

Hi Megan and thanks for your feedback. The product for individual consumers is different: Altijd Vrij + BTM Vrij Particulier. In fact is it the same as OV Vrij (Business), but there are different deals made by NS with the other transport companies and interest groups. It is a correct observation that BTM is responsible for this. I can't change this for you but will send your input to the pricing officer, but the pricing has been established for 2017. I understand that you experience this as not fair, but a businesscontract is another contract than an individual contract and a difference in price can appear.
Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Hi Megan and thanks for your feedback. The product for individual consumers is different: Altijd Vrij + BTM Vrij Particulier. In fact is it the same as OV Vrij (Business), but there are different deals made by NS with the other transport companies and interest groups. It is a correct observation that BTM is responsible for this. I can't change this for you but will send your input to the pricing officer, but the pricing has been established for 2017. I understand that you experience this as not fair, but a businesscontract is another contract than an individual contract and a difference in price can appear.

Thank you for your standard response. On the NS site, it states that the prices for both individuals and business will increase by 1.22%. However, this is NOT the case. It has increased for individuals and but gone down for businesses. This is what I deem as not fair.
Reputatie 7
I understand your opinion and we already sent your feedback directly to the responsible departments. Unfortunately, this is all we can do for now. Also: the 1,12% increase on contract costs is an average increase, not a percentage that goes for every individual contract itself.

Reageer