How to cancel your subscription from abroad | NS Community

How to cancel your subscription from abroad

• 2 September 2015
  • 262 reacties
  • 32570 Bekeken

Toon eerste bericht

262 reacties

@Thao: your contract was cancelled per 16.10.2015. You still owe NS a remaining payment of € 40.00, since the subscription fee was waived. The amount of € 40.00 can be transferred to Syncasso. I will inform them as well.
@Marciodg: could you give me the reference number?
@Sivan I sent you a private message.
Seeing how many people leave the Netherlands and somehow still have to pay for automatic renewal subscriptions: trust me, it's really hard to deactivate card and subscription once you've left the country since you have this dutch bank account-dutch number-dutch address only -rules. When I activated the Dal Voordeel there was no English translation and as you know, Google translate is sometimes faulty.

This is only my opinion but maybe it would be better to introduce an active renewal instead of a passive one. I mean, in the email you should ask us to confirm the renewal, and not let it happen even if we don't answer. Some of us foreigners don't even bother translating the dutch emails in the inbox. It's not an excuse of course, I'm just trying to get in the shoes of a good number of customers here.
Anyway hopefully I discovered this forum where the replies are fast and precise.

Cheers
Good afternoon,

I would like to cancel my OV-chipkaart subscription because I no longer live in the Netherlands. I have sent back my personal card and it has been canceled on 06-11-2015 bu OV-chipkaart services.
Indeed, I can't declare my card lost and the OV-chipkaart service can't cancel my subscription. I also can't call the client service (0031 30 75 15 250) with my french number.

I have also been debited 2 times 29,00€ for my subsciption I no longer use.

Can you help me with this?

Kind regards,

Margaux Martin
Good afternoon,

I would like to cancel my OV-chipkaart subscription because I no longer live in the Netherlands. I have sent back my personal card and it has been canceled on 06-11-2015 bu OV-chipkaart services.
Indeed, I can't declare my card lost and the OV-chipkaart service can't cancel my subscription. I also can't call the client service (0031 30 75 15 250) with my french number.

I have also been debited 2 times 29,00€ for my subsciption I no longer use.

Can you help me with this?

Kind regards,

Margaux Martin

Hello MargauxMartin! Ofcourse we can help. Could you send me a private message with your personal details and Ov-chipcardnumber? You can send me a private message by clicking on my name and then you click on "stuur bericht".
Hi, I'm basically in the same situation as many others here. I'm in Australia along with my OV chipkaart and I'd like to cancel my subscription. How should I proceed? I guess I can post it to a friend who can cancel it for me in the Netherlands?

Cheers,

Victoria

card number: PRIVATE
Victoria, please read this topic for instructions.
Hi,
I subscribed for the NS OV-chip card for the year 2014/2015. My Referentienummer is 10827007. I got an email in October giving me the option to stop the subscription by either calling the NS or going to the machine. I tried calling several times but there was no answer. I tried the machine as well and there was no option for me to stop it. Now that I have left the Netherlands, I have another email asking me to make a payment (50 Euros) for next year 2016. Seriously I don't understand this so please could you explain to me what is happening? And also stop the subscription?
Hi Frank, and welcome.

We sent a announcement of the renewal on 12.10.2015. Another e-mail was send on 01.12.2015. We never received a request of cancelation, so the contract is still active.

Please read the information in this topic, and cancel your card. I advise you to pay the € 50.00, to avoid further costs. Two days after you have cancelled the card, please contact me again. I will then cancel the subscription and give you a refund of the remaining months.
Hi Sivan,

Thanks for your quick response. But I was wondering if the refund could be paid into my German bank account and not the one (a friend's Dutch bank account) I registered with?
That won't be a problem, as long as you give all of the information regarding this German bank account when you cancel the subscription.
Thanks again. I just realized I left my card with a friend in the Netherlands and because she has travelled I can't contact her to get the card details (expiry date particularly). Can you help me retrieve this information, given my OV-chip card number PRIVATE? The reference number is above.
I had removed the card number and I will send you a private message.
Thank you very much Sivan. I really appreciate it.
Hello,
I have the same situation. I moved from Netherlands in August. I got e-mail from Syncasso about making a payment of 90 Euros till January 6. I have done the 1st step cancelling OV-chip card few days ago. My reference number is 10126558. Could you cancel the subscription and give me information about what to do next ?
Hi Yavuz, your subscription is canceled and you don't have to worry about it anymore. You've just received a confirmation by email.
Hi Yavuz, your subscription is canceled and you don't have to worry about it anymore. You've just received a confirmation by email.
Thanks for the quick response. So, I dont have to do any payment to Synacco or NS, right ?
Thanks for the quick response. So, I dont have to do any payment to Synacco or NS, right ?

No, that's not necessary anymore.
Dear NS Staff,

First of all, I'm sorry if it seemed to be overexplained. It's a bit frustrating.

I registered an account and bought an empty-blank €7,50 Ov-Chipkaart at https://www.ov-chipkaart.nl. Later on I subscribed to Day Advantage product at NS. After I left Europe to Brazil, I contacted NS through email contact form in the ns.nl website and phone calls. I received a confirmation of cancellation by e-mail, see Reference number: 8888628:

Geachte heer ------------ ----------,

Wat jammer dat u uw abonnement wilt beëindigen. Hierbij bevestigen wij de beëindiging van het volgende abonnement:

OV-chipkaart: 35** **** **** ***4

Abonnement en klasse: Dal Voordeel, 2e klas
U heeft beëindigd:
Abonnement en klasse: Dal Voordeel, 2e klas
Te restitueren bedrag: € 0,00
Ingangsdatum beëindiging: 10 oktober 2014

Totaal van de beëindiging:
Totaal te restitueren bedrag: € 0,00

One month later, 10/10/2014, I received a notice I was going to be charged of €50,- (Reference number: 6103249). I called NS and it was instructee me to contact ov-chipkaart.nl and disable the card I was not in Europe anymore.

According to Ov-Chipkaart.nl, I could not cancel my card if I still have any product from any company in it:

Klantenservice OV-chipkaart
Dear Mr. ---------- ----------,

You asked us the following question on 26-08-2014. I understand you want to terminate your OV-chipcard. You can do this as follows:

-If there are travel products on your OV-chipkaart, you will first need to remove these at a public transport company counter.
-Print the 'Termination and credit refund for a personal OV-chipkaart' form.
-Complete the form and send it to the address indicated on the form. N.B.: Don't forget to include your OV-chipkaart.

-If there is more than € 0 credit on your card, this amount will be returned to your Dutch bank account within 30 days. No administration costs will be charged.

You can remove an OV-chipkaart as follows:

-Go to 'My OV-chipkaart(s)'.
-Click 'Manage cards'.
-Choose the option 'I want to remove a card from my account'.
-An overview of the OV-chipkaarts you can remove from your account will appear.
-Select the card you wish to remove.
-Click 'Next' to permanently remove the card from your account.

Remove card

I called NS and it was told me it would only be possible to confirm the termination of my product if I would be in the NL and pass my card in those machines, so it became something like a loop:

1. Couldn't cancel the product because I cannot personally pass my OV in a machine and 2. couldn't cancel the card because I've got a product in it. Almost a paradox...

The card was unbinded from my account at ov-chipkaart.nl (account: silvio.alencar), but...

I received a while ago a quite different looking e-mail from usual advertising ns e-mails, an e-mail from Groenewegen en Partners, dossier: 351553157, which scared out of me.

How may I proceed? Do I have to add it to my account again and report stolen? I fear to add and somewhere it sees my ov-card is linked and take into an account (the time).
Hello,
I reported my card stolen and then directly asked NS staff to stop my subscription but NS still keep sending me letters to ask me to pay. What should I do?
You can contact the customer service to see why your contract is still running. You can use the chat/e-mail form to get in contact.
Brian NS
Thank you for information.
Dear NS

Good morning. I am Youkyoung Kim. I would like to remove a subscription in my ov-chip card so I follow those steps above. I chose "I want to terminate my cards and a credit refund" .Then, I deleted the card in my account. Did I do the thing in proper way? Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Hi Youkyoung, I assume that you blocked the OV-chipcard. If you have a NS subscription on this OV-chipcard please contact our customer service to terminate the subscription. You can do this 4 days after blocking the OV-chipcard. We are 24/7 available by telephone (030 751 51 55) and Twitter (@NS_online).

Reageer