How to cancel your subscription from abroad

• 2 September 2015
  • 262 reacties
  • 32681 Bekeken

Toon eerste bericht

262 reacties

Hi, I have the same issue with everyone, I had a discount card that I used 2012-April 2013 and I haven't been back to the Netherlands since. The subscription apparently automatically renewed and I was contacted by Syncasso regarding a collection on unpaid balance. I've been trying to contact NS to cancel the subscription + dispute the bill as it could be proven that the card clearly was not used since + my residence has been outside of the country during the entire time.

Could someone please reply to this?
Hi Rapha, i'm sorry to read this. Did you already block your OV-Chipcard? After that is done we can cancel your subscription. When you've blocked the card please send me a private message with your personal details and OV-Chipcardnumber. Then i will see what i can do for you.
Hi Rapha, i'm sorry to read this. Did you already block your OV-Chipcard? After that is done we can cancel your subscription. When you've blocked the card please send me a private message with your personal details and OV-Chipcardnumber. Then i will see what i can do for you.

Hello Miriam, I've sent you a PM.
Hello!

I am facing a similar problem. I wish to cancel my Dal Voordeel from abroad as I don't live in the Netherlands anymore. I tried once to cancel it by sending a cancellation request by post and I received the first email about the cancellation, but since I wasn't travelling back to the Netherlands I couldn't verify the cancellation on a terminal and the annual charge remained... I have not travelled to the Netherlands since.

Having found this forum discussion, I tried to block my card so I could then ask for help here, but the OV website does not recognise the information of my card. This could be because recently I received emails from OV warning me that if I don't take action the card will be cancelled (it has not expired yet, but it may be considered cancelled in their system, because I didn't want to renew it and hence took no action).

Could you please check if the subscription can be cancelled? I can send you my personal details and OV card information by personal message.

Please let me know who I could contact by pm. Thank you in advance!
Any moderators around? I'm still waiting for a response.
Rapha, I will send Miriam a reminder. Keep in mind that we do not work every day and/or are occupied with other tasks, so you might have to wait a few days for an answer.
Nas, you can send me a private message.
Rapha, I will send Miriam a reminder. Keep in mind that we do not work every day and/or are occupied with other tasks, so you might have to wait a few days for an answer.

Thank you, Syncasso, the collection agency, had given me a deadline for the 24th but hasn't replied to my subsequent response (nor had I heard from NS) so that's why I'm rushing.
Hello!!
I want to cancel my card because I dont live in the Netherlands. I have done what you said up to say that I lost, but I'm calling customer support and do not pick up the phone. supposedly it is already off the card?
Thanks
A gretting!!
Hi Marta, the line should be available. You can also contact us via Twitter (@NS_online), Facebook or chat .
Hi Marta, the line should be available. You can also contact us via Twitter (@NS_online), Facebook or chat .

I am trying vía chat and phone but it is impossible, phone is alway bussy And chat too
Hi,

Last year, when I lived in the Netherlands, I had a subscription at NS. When I left the Netherlands, I was under the impression that I cancelled this subscription. However, I recently recieved an invoice from NS, charging me for another year. How do I go about this?

My referentienummer is 12859305.

Thank you in advance
Nifrek, did you read the first comment in this topic? Please follow the instructions mentioned in this topic.
I can't seem to report the card lost, as I haven't registered it at ov-chipkaart.nl, and I don't have the card anymore, so I can't check the cardnumber.

Is there a chance that I will be asked to pay for another year's subscription? This would be really inconvenient, especially since I was under the impression that the subscription was ended.
@nifrek
NS should be able to tell you the card number. You will need to pay until the subscription is ended, but you will get remaining months of a paid year refunded.
So in reality I will have to pay for the subscription, and then cancel the subscription (how do I do this?) whereupon I will receive a full reimbursment?
First of all you should pay any unpaid bill. Then you ask NS for your card number, such that you can block your OV-chipcard. Five days later you contact NS again to end your subscription. Some time later you will receive the reimbursement.
Will the reimbursement be the full amount that I paid? I have been asked to pay for a subscription that costs 50 euro, will I get the full amount back after doing what you say?
No, only €50/12 for each remaining month of the year.
Hi,

I recently left The Netherlands and want to cancel my OV-chipkaart (with voordeelurenabonnement). I tried to declare that it was lost/stolen.

I had never before registered an account at ov-chipkaart.nl and therefore never had a card linked to an account there. I also never had an e-mail attached to the card and I no longer have a permanent postal address to which an activation code for the card can be sent.

So I'm basically confused as to how to progress.
Hi,

I recently left The Netherlands and want to cancel my OV-chipkaart (with voordeelurenabonnement). I tried to declare that it was lost/stolen.

I had never before registered an account at ov-chipkaart.nl and therefore never had a card linked to an account there. I also never had an e-mail attached to the card and I no longer have a permanent postal address to which an activation code for the card can be sent.

So I'm basically confused as to how to progress.

Hi neilly,

I'll advise you to first contact OV-chipkaart about this situation. Over here you can find the contact information. You can fill in a contact form or contact them via Twitter (@OVchipkaart). Please contact our customer service 4 working days after you reported the card lost or stolen. By then we can terminate your contract.
Ok, I managed to get my chipkaart registered as lost/stolen. What do I now have to do to get the voordeel subscription cancelled?
When you click on my name you will get an option to send a private message. Please send your personal details with cardnumber and your emailaddress. I will help you further.

EDIT: It is sorted out and neilly's subscription is terminated.
Hoi,

Ik woon al enige tijd in het buitenland, maar heb nog steeds een abonnement lopen. Ik heb mijn OV-pas niet meer, en kan daarom ook niet mijn pas blokkeren via OV-chipkaart.nl (ik weet niet wat de vervaldatum van de kaart is).

Referentienummer is 5049820. Kaartnummer kan ik PM'en.

Groeten
Peter
Hoi Peter. De vervaldatum van jouw kaart is 07.05.2020.

Reageer