How to cancel your subscription from abroad | NS Community

How to cancel your subscription from abroad

• 2 September 2015
  • 262 reacties
  • 32570 Bekeken

Toon eerste bericht

262 reacties

First of all you should pay any unpaid bill. Then you ask NS for your card number, such that you can block your OV-chipcard. Five days later you contact NS again to end your subscription. Some time later you will receive the reimbursement.
Will the reimbursement be the full amount that I paid? I have been asked to pay for a subscription that costs 50 euro, will I get the full amount back after doing what you say?
No, only €50/12 for each remaining month of the year.
Hi,

I recently left The Netherlands and want to cancel my OV-chipkaart (with voordeelurenabonnement). I tried to declare that it was lost/stolen.

I had never before registered an account at ov-chipkaart.nl and therefore never had a card linked to an account there. I also never had an e-mail attached to the card and I no longer have a permanent postal address to which an activation code for the card can be sent.

So I'm basically confused as to how to progress.
Hi,

I recently left The Netherlands and want to cancel my OV-chipkaart (with voordeelurenabonnement). I tried to declare that it was lost/stolen.

I had never before registered an account at ov-chipkaart.nl and therefore never had a card linked to an account there. I also never had an e-mail attached to the card and I no longer have a permanent postal address to which an activation code for the card can be sent.

So I'm basically confused as to how to progress.

Hi neilly,

I'll advise you to first contact OV-chipkaart about this situation. Over here you can find the contact information. You can fill in a contact form or contact them via Twitter (@OVchipkaart). Please contact our customer service 4 working days after you reported the card lost or stolen. By then we can terminate your contract.
Ok, I managed to get my chipkaart registered as lost/stolen. What do I now have to do to get the voordeel subscription cancelled?
When you click on my name you will get an option to send a private message. Please send your personal details with cardnumber and your emailaddress. I will help you further.

EDIT: It is sorted out and neilly's subscription is terminated.
Hoi,

Ik woon al enige tijd in het buitenland, maar heb nog steeds een abonnement lopen. Ik heb mijn OV-pas niet meer, en kan daarom ook niet mijn pas blokkeren via OV-chipkaart.nl (ik weet niet wat de vervaldatum van de kaart is).

Referentienummer is 5049820. Kaartnummer kan ik PM'en.

Groeten
Peter
Hoi Peter. De vervaldatum van jouw kaart is 07.05.2020.
Hi there! I receive an e-mail that I have to pay 90 euros for a suscription. I would like to cancel the suscription and the OV-Chipkaart, because on May 2015 I applied for it and I pay the suscription but I never received he Chipkaart. I haven't received the card yet. I called NS in May to solve and to cancel but it seems not helped. I paid a suscription and I couldn't use the card and now I don't want to pay again. I tried to cancel my suscription in time but I didn't receive my card so I couldn't enter the expiration date of my card (required).I need help! Thank you!
Hello jose91, I'm sorry to read this. Unfortunately it is hard for me to give you information without your personal details. I would like to advice you to contact us via Twitter, Facebook or Chat. If that's not possible for you it is also an idea to send me a direct message (click on my name and send message), but because this case needs to be solved as soon as possible I would advice you to contact us via social media. I am not always here, so there's a big chance I can't help you soon enough.
I do have the simmilar problem. I was erasmus student in Netherlands two years ago. I am not using ov chipcard for two years. I did not even know about subscription. I am trying to cancel subscription online but it is not working.
Because I have czech number i can not call to TNS and cancel that. Becuase it is possible to the that just from germany, Luxemburg, Netherlands or Belgium.
What I am supposed to do???I have email invoice, for 90 Euro! Do I have to pay that?
You said above ,,Keep in mind that if you received a reminder of payment, you do need to pay the subscription fee. After cancelation, a refund of the remaining months will be transferred." DOes it mean that you will give me my 90 euros back????

Thanks for help!

I try to cancel it via Twiter, I tried to call but nothing is working!

Iris
Hello IrisL. Did they explain via Twitter why it's not working?

In the message above yours I'm explaining the contact details. In case you have no other option, you can send me a private message. Keep in mind that an answer could take a while because I'm not always here.
Hi, I'm abroad and I receive a email saying that the want to charge euros 50 for "NS abonnement" we don't want another year subscripction. I cancelled the card *** could you please cancell this emails and abonnement?
Thanks in advance
Hi, I'm abroad and I receive a email saying that the want to charge euros 50 for "NS abonnement" we don't want another year subscripction. I cancelled the card *** could you please cancell this emails and abonnement?
Thanks in advance

Hi Enrique, I would like to help you with this case. Could you send me a private message with your personal details? I will help you there.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Hi, I'm abroad and I receive a email saying that the want to charge euros 50 for "NS abonnement" we don't want another year subscripction. I cancelled the card **** could you please cancell this emails and abonnement?
Thanks in advance

This is a public forum. Please delete your number.
Hi, I'm abroad and I receive a email saying that the want to charge euros 50 for "NS abonnement" we don't want another year subscripction. I cancelled the card could you please cancell this emails and abonnement?
Thanks in advance

This is a public forum. Please delete your number.

Heb het al verwijderd Thom 🙂 Thx!
Thanks in advance

Enrique, I already made sure that the contract has been cancelled so you dont have to pay, for more info you can always send me a private message.
Thank you very much!!!!
Back again. I thought I had gotten everything (card and subscription) cancelled but I just received a mail from NS telling me that I have a continuing yearly subscription which begins on the 3rd Oct 2016, and that the price has increased.

I'm now worried that they expect me to still pay.
@Did you contact our customer service after you blocked the OV-chipcard to end the subscription?
@Did you contact our customer service after you blocked the OV-chipcard to end the subscription?

One of the moderators on here helped me after I blocked the card. I got the money I had on the card returned too. I thought that was it finished with. I don't understand why it has to be so complicated.
Hmm.. That's strange. Can you send me a private message with the OV-chipcardnumber you received in your e-mail?
Reputatie 1
Reading only a fraction of all these peoples (this seems to be problem no. 1 for foreigners) posts having sooo many problems cancelling their subscription etc. I wonder:

What has happened to the standard / default way to end any legal contract? Just sending a registered (to have proof) letter and glue the card cut in two parts to the letter? That is old-fashioned and it costs some money to send a registered letter, but it should work without any additional hassels, or?

Why is noone even suggesting it as a fallback option?
Product Terms and Conditions for Consumer Season Tickets 5.2:

At the end of the first Season Ticket year, you have the right to terminate the Season Ticket valid for an unlimited period on the same day of the month as the day on which your Season Ticket started. In addition to this required termination, the Season Ticket will not terminate prior to the time you have removed the Season Ticket from your OV-chipkaart (Deactivated) electronically at a machine approved by Trans Link Systems B.V.
Your payment obligation and/or any right to a refund of all or part of the season ticket payment will not lapse until after this electronic deactivation.

You can always choose to block your ov-chipcard. Then Customer Service can terminate your subscription without electronic deactivation.

Reageer