How to cancel your subscription from abroad | NS Community

How to cancel your subscription from abroad

• 2 September 2015
  • 262 reacties
  • 32549 Bekeken

Toon eerste bericht

262 reacties

Good morning,

I tried to follow the instructions you gave to cancel the subscription. However, I didn't add a car while I was living in the Netherlands and now I cannot. It says: The combination of date of birth and postal code is unknown.

Is there any other possibility to cancel the card?

Thanks.
Yiwen, after canceling the card you also need to cancel the subscription, by contacting NS.

Could you give me the reference number of the contract?
Hi Sivan,

I already sent the message on OV chipkaart website about my losing OV-Card and I don't want to get a new one, I want to cancel it. I did see them accepted my request on the website and terminated it . But now NS sent a mail and ask me to pay 50 euro before 24 Nov. I already came back to my country. The service just never pick up the phone and I don't have a twitter. Can you help me to solve this problem?

Thank you so much.
Great! Thank you 😃
Daniel, your subscription has been cancelled per October, 2015. No further actions will be needed.
Yes, could you send it per private message? Just click on my name and 'Stuur bericht'.
Hi Sivan,

I am writting again, as you asked, about the subscribtion on my account. Please remove it, if possible.
Would you need the card number again?

Thank you,
Daniel
@Daniel: you are welcome!
@Naokizen: be careful with what you put on a public forum. I have removed the card number. Did you cancel the card today? I cannot see the cancelation of the card. Please wait a few more days and contact me again through a private message by clicking on my name and 'Stuur bericht'.
I've reported the lost of my OV card, do I still need to cancel my subscription by giving a phone call to NS customer service or Twitter? (I dont have Twitter though....)

Could you help me cancel the subscription? My card detail is listed followed:
OV-chipkaart: PRIVATE

Thanks.
Hi,

The second call was also on the 22nd, a couple of hours later, from the airport. But it doesn't matter now I gues.
It would be indeed great if you could cancel the subscription for me. I will post on the 16th.

Thank you again!
Daniel
I removed the card number.

Your contract was cancelled on October 22. On that same date my colleague indeed told you that you need to cancel the card. No call was received after that date.

The current cancelation will expire on November 16. After this date I can cancel the subscription again for you, without the necessity of deactivation. Could you post another comment on this date?
Hi,

I did contact phone client service about the problem with the machine. They told me, "Sorry, then it is not possible, you better cancel your card". So really canceling the card was the best idea of the client service. I was surprised, but followed the instructions.

I don't have the paper contract anymore, I still have the card number though. Hope that number will do as well.

Thank you for quick reaction,
Daniel
Hi Daniel,

It would be better if you contacted us after you found out the deactivation was not possible at any of the machines.

After cancelation of the card, another cancelation of the subscription is needed. Could you give me the reference number of the contract?

The money on the card will be refunded through Customer Service OV-chipcard.
Hello,

While still in The Netherlands, end of this October, I wanted to cancel my kard, via phone client service. I was told, it's all fine, now I need to find a machine, to round up the cancelation. It was not possible on any machines I tried during the rest of my stay, so I left the country.

Than I canceled my card via ov-chipkaart.nl (reported stolen). Thought it should be all fine then. Now I got a reminder e-mail from NS, that I should not forget to cancel the subscription from my card by the NS machine... With my stolen card?

I had still some 60€ on that card I would like to see back on my bankaccount. What am I supposed to do?
Thank you,
Daniel
Thank you 🙂 I will wait for your reply.

I can see you already send me the message. I will contact you this Friday.
I can see you already send me the message. I will contact you this Friday.
Dear Sivan,

Thank you very much for your quick reply! It would be indeed very helpful. I will send a message to you on Friday. However, it would be helpful if you could send the information as soon as possible, because I really want to solve this issue asap.

Again, thank you 🙂
Jwooskie, could you send me a message this Friday? Just click on my name and 'Stuur Bericht'. If you give me your card number and first/last name, I will cancel the subscription and give you all the information regarding the payment. I will make sure the payment for upcoming year will not be charged.
Hallo Sivan. Thank you for your reply. I just sent an e-mail via forum@ns.nl.

I just applied for the cancellation of my ov chipcard yesterday. So, I think it might take a few days. About the payment, I would like to pay 320.00 euro as soon as possible. Could you tell me how I can pay (the bank account of NS)?

However, as I mentioned above, I do not want to pay for the abonnement of 2015-2016 as I do not need this. Is the abonnement of 2015-2016 excluded in the payment of 320.00 euro?

Please let me know the phone number of NS that I can from abroad. Thank you very much for your help.
Hi Jin.

According to our records, your card is not cancelled yet. When did you do this and how?

You still owe NS an amount of € 320.00. I advise you to contact NS as soon as possible. In this case, please contact us through forum@ns.nl. I will then forward it to my colleagues. Keep in mind that you do need to pay the amount mentioned.
My name is Jin PRIVATE. I want to cancel my dal voordeel abonnement and ov-chipcard.(Kaartnummer : PRIVATE) I already cancelled my ov-chipcard following the instructions mentioned above.

However, I believe I still have to pay the subscription fee. I got an e-mail asking me to pay 50 euro for the renewal for the 2015-2016. After completing my degree in August 2015, I do not live in the Netherlands and I do not need dal voordeel.

I would like to ask for your help in two matters:

(1) I would appreciate if you could help me to cancel my dal voordeel abonnement.
(2) I am not sure if I had paid the past abonnement as I changed my bank account from ING to Rabobank. If there is anything I need to pay for the past abonnement, please let me know. I am willing to pay for the past abonnement.

However, I do not want to pay for the renewal of new abonnement (2015-2016). So, please exclude this when you calculate.

Thank you very much.
Please pay the amount due, cancel your card at www.ov-chipkaart.nl and then contact NS per Twitter, Facebook or by sending a letter. Good luck!
Hi, I was a foreign student in NL but have returned to my country. Recently I received a mail asking me to pay 50euros for my DAL advantage annual subscription as they could not debit my bank account (my bank acct. has already been cancelled after I left)

I have no way of contacting NS.nl via the phone, what should I do to terminate my subscription and OV-chipkart?
Is it possible to do it via email? The NS website does not provide any email contact.

Sorry I forgot to add: Is OV-chipkart a different company from NS.nl? Does it mean that even after I contact OV-chipkart to terminate my card, I will still need to contact NS.nl to inform them?
Sorry for the many questions but I can't understand why they cannot just make the procedures simpler and more efficient.
Thank you for the help.
Hi, I was a foreign student in NL but have returned to my country. Recently I received a mail asking me to pay 50euros for my DAL advantage annual subscription as they could not debit my bank account (my bank acct. has already been cancelled after I left)

I have no way of contacting NS.nl via the phone, what should I do to terminate my subscription and OV-chipkart? Is it possible to do it via email? The NS website does not provide any email contact.
Thank you for the help.
Hi Jessica. If you tell them your card has been cancelled already, they can stop your subscription and no further actions will be needed. You do need to check if you still owe NS the subscription fee. Good luck!

Reageer