How to cancel your subscription from abroad | NS Community

How to cancel your subscription from abroad

• 2 September 2015
  • 262 reacties
  • 32570 Bekeken

*Last updated: October 5, 2021*

A regular cancellation of an NS subscription needs to be completed at a ticket machine. When you live abroad, an alternative option is available.

Cancel your OV-chipcard
1. Register here. This registration is in Dutch. Fill in a username, your mail address and a password.
2. Report your card as lost or stolen here. Do not ask for a replacement of the card.

Cancel your subscription
2-3 days after cancellation of the card, please contact NS Customer service via Social Media (Facebook/Twitter), Live Chat or by phone (0031 30 75 15 250). Our Customer Service will then be able to completely cancel NS Flex for you.

Keep in mind that if you received a reminder of payment, you do need to pay the subscription fee. After cancellation, a refund of the remaining months will be transferred.

Extra information
- Lost your card? Please contact OV-chipcard through this page.

262 reacties

I'm glad to read that your subscription has been successfully ended by one of our chat employees. 🙂
Hello,

I wish to cancel my Dal Vordeel Abonament, but I am currently abroad and I won't be in the Netherlands in the ear future. Nevertheless I would like to keep my personal OV-chipkaart, so is it possible to cancel the abonament without cancelling the card?

Sincerely,
Simeon
Badge +3
It is only possible to end a subscription without blocking the OV-chipkaart if you can remove the subscription from the card at a ticket machine (or similar machine) in the Netherlands. You could for example send your card to an acquaintance in the Netherlands and have him perform this action for you.

If you are not able to remove the subscription from the card at a ticket machine, then there is no other option than to block the card.
Hello,

I asked to terminate my card and my Weekendrvrij product on 11 of September. They told me to do online. So on 12 of September I filled the form asking terminate my personal OV chip kaart. (Kaartnummer: 3528 ******). I got the form and also on the phone previously that as I asked on 11 of September (2 weeks before 27 of September) they would allow me to terminate the contract. (Kennummer: H044150912064786)

I sent my card by post last week with the form about the request for termination. Then yesterday I got the mail that they will take the month fee for the Weekendvrij product 2 of October and each month from now on for a year (Referentienummer: 9985227). I can not use the services of NS anymore as I have left the country and I suppose I have done each step to terminate this contract so please help me to fix this I do not want to pay for a service which I can not use anymore.

Thank you in advance,

Kind regards,

Viktoria Meleg
Hi Viktoria,

Thank you for your detailed explanation. When the ov-chipcard is blocked i can terminate the contract and naturally i will do that in the past. But at the moment the block is not visible yet in our system. Please send me a private message so i can check again during the week.
hi
I have already left The Netherlands and I cannot call.
I would like to terminate my subscription of the OV-chipkaart, how should I do that?
Referentienummer: 10508916
Badge +3
You need to cancel/block the card first, wait several days and then contact NS customer service to end the subscription.

Blocking the card is done as follows:

Cancel your OV-chipcard
1. Register here. This registration is in Dutch. Fill in a username, your mail address and a password.
2. Report your card as lost or stolen here. Do not ask for a replacement of the card.

After you have waited several days, you may contact NS customer service by phone 24/7 at number 030-7515250. If you cannot call, you may also send a message on Twitter or Facebook.
I do not have a bank account but its require
how should I do it?

You need to cancel/block the card first, wait several days and then contact NS customer service to end the subscription.

Blocking the card is done as follows:

Cancel your OV-chipcard

After you have waited several days, you may contact NS customer service by phone 24/7 at number 030-7515250. If you cannot call, you may also send a message on Twitter or Facebook.
Please send an e-mail through this page: https://www.ov-chipkaart.nl/klantenservice/contact/contactformulier.htm
Badge +3

An English contact form can be found by clicking Sivan's link followed by the link English at that page, or by using this link.

Ah, you are absolutely right, Tochjo. I guess it's a bit early for me.
Thank you very much for your answers.

I have terminated my card. For contacting NS customer service, I can end my subscription by just telling them my card had been stolen and terminated?

Do I have to do anything further?

Thank you very much in advance!
Hi Jessica. If you tell them your card has been cancelled already, they can stop your subscription and no further actions will be needed. You do need to check if you still owe NS the subscription fee. Good luck!
Hi, I was a foreign student in NL but have returned to my country. Recently I received a mail asking me to pay 50euros for my DAL advantage annual subscription as they could not debit my bank account (my bank acct. has already been cancelled after I left)

I have no way of contacting NS.nl via the phone, what should I do to terminate my subscription and OV-chipkart? Is it possible to do it via email? The NS website does not provide any email contact.
Thank you for the help.
Hi, I was a foreign student in NL but have returned to my country. Recently I received a mail asking me to pay 50euros for my DAL advantage annual subscription as they could not debit my bank account (my bank acct. has already been cancelled after I left)

I have no way of contacting NS.nl via the phone, what should I do to terminate my subscription and OV-chipkart?
Is it possible to do it via email? The NS website does not provide any email contact.

Sorry I forgot to add: Is OV-chipkart a different company from NS.nl? Does it mean that even after I contact OV-chipkart to terminate my card, I will still need to contact NS.nl to inform them?
Sorry for the many questions but I can't understand why they cannot just make the procedures simpler and more efficient.
Thank you for the help.
Please pay the amount due, cancel your card at www.ov-chipkaart.nl and then contact NS per Twitter, Facebook or by sending a letter. Good luck!
My name is Jin PRIVATE. I want to cancel my dal voordeel abonnement and ov-chipcard.(Kaartnummer : PRIVATE) I already cancelled my ov-chipcard following the instructions mentioned above.

However, I believe I still have to pay the subscription fee. I got an e-mail asking me to pay 50 euro for the renewal for the 2015-2016. After completing my degree in August 2015, I do not live in the Netherlands and I do not need dal voordeel.

I would like to ask for your help in two matters:

(1) I would appreciate if you could help me to cancel my dal voordeel abonnement.
(2) I am not sure if I had paid the past abonnement as I changed my bank account from ING to Rabobank. If there is anything I need to pay for the past abonnement, please let me know. I am willing to pay for the past abonnement.

However, I do not want to pay for the renewal of new abonnement (2015-2016). So, please exclude this when you calculate.

Thank you very much.
Hi Jin.

According to our records, your card is not cancelled yet. When did you do this and how?

You still owe NS an amount of € 320.00. I advise you to contact NS as soon as possible. In this case, please contact us through forum@ns.nl. I will then forward it to my colleagues. Keep in mind that you do need to pay the amount mentioned.
Hallo Sivan. Thank you for your reply. I just sent an e-mail via forum@ns.nl.

I just applied for the cancellation of my ov chipcard yesterday. So, I think it might take a few days. About the payment, I would like to pay 320.00 euro as soon as possible. Could you tell me how I can pay (the bank account of NS)?

However, as I mentioned above, I do not want to pay for the abonnement of 2015-2016 as I do not need this. Is the abonnement of 2015-2016 excluded in the payment of 320.00 euro?

Please let me know the phone number of NS that I can from abroad. Thank you very much for your help.
Jwooskie, could you send me a message this Friday? Just click on my name and 'Stuur Bericht'. If you give me your card number and first/last name, I will cancel the subscription and give you all the information regarding the payment. I will make sure the payment for upcoming year will not be charged.
Dear Sivan,

Thank you very much for your quick reply! It would be indeed very helpful. I will send a message to you on Friday. However, it would be helpful if you could send the information as soon as possible, because I really want to solve this issue asap.

Again, thank you 🙂
I can see you already send me the message. I will contact you this Friday.
Thank you 🙂 I will wait for your reply.

I can see you already send me the message. I will contact you this Friday.
Hello,

While still in The Netherlands, end of this October, I wanted to cancel my kard, via phone client service. I was told, it's all fine, now I need to find a machine, to round up the cancelation. It was not possible on any machines I tried during the rest of my stay, so I left the country.

Than I canceled my card via ov-chipkaart.nl (reported stolen). Thought it should be all fine then. Now I got a reminder e-mail from NS, that I should not forget to cancel the subscription from my card by the NS machine... With my stolen card?

I had still some 60€ on that card I would like to see back on my bankaccount. What am I supposed to do?
Thank you,
Daniel
Hi Daniel,

It would be better if you contacted us after you found out the deactivation was not possible at any of the machines.

After cancelation of the card, another cancelation of the subscription is needed. Could you give me the reference number of the contract?

The money on the card will be refunded through Customer Service OV-chipcard.

Reageer