beantwoord

How to order the 'Dal Voordeel abonnement' without an address in the Netherlands?

• 5 juli 2014
  • 8 reacties
  • 312 Bekeken

The personal OV Kaart is already available for people from Belgium and Duitsland, but the Vordeel abonnement has to be purchased at ns.nl. For any reason the order system at ns.nl supports only addresses in the Netherlands as well as bank accounts , so that buitenlanders cannot buy the korting (certainly a discrimniation in accordance to EU laws).

So how can I buy the Voordeel abonnement without having an address and a bank account in the Netherlands? I travel a lot with NS and I do not get the point why Europeans should not be enabled to use korting.
icon

Beste antwoord door Inge NS 5 juli 2014, 14:09

Welcome to our serviceforum Vinzer!

You need a dutch adress and dutch bankaccount to order a subscription at the moment. We'd like to welcome new customers but we first need a collection option for that.

P.s. I've changed the titel of your topic a bit.
Bekijk origineel

8 reacties

Hallo Prosperphina, leuk om te lezen dat hij een abonnement wil aanschaffen. In het geval dat hij nog geen persoonlijke OV-Chipkaart heeft dient hij deze hier eerst aan te vragen. Wanneer hij de kaart heeft ontvangen kan hij contact opnemen met onze Klantenservice via Facebook, Twitter, Live Chat of telefonisch via 030 - 751 51 55. Mijn collega's kunnen dan de aanvraag voor het abonnement verder in orde maken. Het is iets omslachtiger dan normaal, maar zo kan hij toch gebruik maken van een abonnement. Heb je aan de hand hiervan nog vragen?
Hi vic1990, Pe_pe is right. There have been some developments and we can surely help you now with ordering a new product. You can call us or send me a private message. If you decide to order a product, do not forget to provide me your full name, date of birth, address data, IBAN-bank nr and BIC-code.

Beste NS, mijn Duitse vriend wil graag een NS abonnement kopen, en automatisch opladen activeren op zijn persoonlijke OV-chipkaart. ECHTER: beide lijken niet te kunnen zonder een Nederlands rekeningnummer of huisadres. Uit de discussie hierboven maak ik op dat dit inmiddels wel mogelijk moet zijn (en terecht...), maar de vraag is: HOE DAN? Graag uw deskundig hulp en advies. Hartelijks, P
Hi vic1990, Pe_pe is right. There have been some developments and we can surely help you now with ordering a new product. You can call us or send me a private message. If you decide to order a product, do not forget to provide me your full name, date of birth, address data, IBAN-bank nr and BIC-code.
The information in this topic is outdated. If you already have a personal OV-chipcard and a (foreign) IBAN bankaccount number you can order an NS subscription by phone. Unfortunately you can only order an OV-chipcard from the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and Luxembourg.
I'm having the same problem as an european exchange student who would love to see more of the country. I don't see another reason why you wouldn't be able to pay via credit card (or foreign bank account) than that it is a discrimination.
I even registered for the Netherlands, but still until I will be able to open a Dutch bank account, I won't need the korting kaart anymore. Foreign people unwanted it seems.
I'll PM you, maybe I can offer you some assistance in getting one for you.
Honestly there are several EU laws prohibitting the discrimnation of EU citizens. The requirement of a Dutch address and and a bank account clearly discriminates tourists from all the EU. The consequence of the current practise is a financial disadvantage that is not in accordance with equal treatment.

Moreover in times of IBAN and credit cards I do not understand at all why a Dutch bank account should be required? This probably is also violation of European Competition laws, because it prevents none Dutch Banks to participate.
Welcome to our serviceforum Vinzer!

You need a dutch adress and dutch bankaccount to order a subscription at the moment. We'd like to welcome new customers but we first need a collection option for that.

P.s. I've changed the titel of your topic a bit.

Reageer