beantwoord

how to pay the remaining debt to NS after cancelling the subscription from abroad?

• 10 juni 2019
  • 1 reactie
  • 91 Bekeken

Dear NS Staff,

When I was foreign student in the NL, from January 2014 to January 2015, I made a Dal Voordeel abonnement in order to get discounted fares. Like many other students, I didn't cancel my subscription in the proper way at that time. To be honest I thought this type of subscription lasted for one year. But this was my mistake. Unfortunately, I received NS e-mails in an old account that I haven't used in years because for working reasons I've switched to gmail. After finding out about this problem, I've followed the guidelines found on this community blog for cancelling my subscription. First I blocked my ov-chipcard by phone and then I asked for ending my subscription through Facebook. This operation was successful, I received an email confirming the cancellation. But, I still have to pay back the remaining debt (from previous years, 2015-2018). Your colleague on Facebook told me that there are no payments open at this moment, but this seems weird to me. So I am asking here if anyone could please help me out by letting me know how much do I owe to NS and more specifically how can I pay this debt? I'd like to specify that I only have an Italian bank account. Thank you very much in advance.
P.S Considering that this is not a private message I prefer to give only my referentienummer 8783251.
icon

Beste antwoord door Stijn NS 10 juni 2019, 15:52

Good afternoon constanza blengino and welcome to the NS Community!

While I find it very flattering that you're going through all this effort to make sure there are no remaining debts, if my colleagues via Facebook said that there are no payments open at this moment, there will be no payments open at this moment. I cannot see any more than my colleagues via Facebook, who will have even counselled our financial department to be able to answer your question.

When you purchase an automatically renewing subscription, the subscription costs will also be charged automatically when that subscription renews. We will therefore have charged the renewal costs every year from the bank account that you provided us. If there would have been any open payments, you would have received reminders of that on the contact information that you provided.

At this point, you can simply accept the notion that you have paid everything you were supposed to pay. 🙂
Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Good afternoon constanza blengino and welcome to the NS Community!

While I find it very flattering that you're going through all this effort to make sure there are no remaining debts, if my colleagues via Facebook said that there are no payments open at this moment, there will be no payments open at this moment. I cannot see any more than my colleagues via Facebook, who will have even counselled our financial department to be able to answer your question.

When you purchase an automatically renewing subscription, the subscription costs will also be charged automatically when that subscription renews. We will therefore have charged the renewal costs every year from the bank account that you provided us. If there would have been any open payments, you would have received reminders of that on the contact information that you provided.

At this point, you can simply accept the notion that you have paid everything you were supposed to pay. 🙂

Reageer