Skip to main content

Dears Sir or Madam,

I’m writting to inform and to check if someone did realize the same:

Today I tried the tool “ Hulp bij het kiezen” to check if from 1st of January, when the Altijd Vrij + BTM Vrij Particulier will finish, I should change the abonment. I tried with the option to analyze my usage from last month. The result was that I should change to Dal Vrij, as the cost of the Dal Vrij + the journeys I should pay in “spits” it was minor than the Altijd Vrij abonment (see image below). Firstly it was a great sorprise and I was going to change my abonment but then I realized that the number of “spits” journeys was quite low. I donwloaded the information of November and then realized that it was calculated the other way around! Journeys in dal as spits and viceversa. I do not know if it was something specific for my account or not, but it could lead to an important mistake!

Welcome to the NS Community!

Do you mean the tool counts your ‘spits’ journeys as off-peak (daluren) and the other way around? That is a big mistake. Glad you noticed.

Please note that the time of check-in determines the rate (spits/dal), so when you start traveling before 06:30 or 16:05 it counts as off-peak. Same for after 08:55 and 18:25.

If you mostly travel a fixed route less than 80 km one-way, you could also have a look at Traject Vrij.

Reageer