I bought Jaar Traject abbonement instead of Maand Traject

• 9 November 2014
  • 6 reacties
  • 481 Bekeken

Dear NS,

Yesterday I wanted to buy only one month vrij traject abbonement, but I ended up buying the yearly one (continuously every month). I really need to cancel this a.s.a.p since I need this only for one month. Could you please help me out here?

Btw, I have to mention that the website is really not clear about this; I started from the product section and going through all questions about what I need but nothing about the duration of the abbonement. And I had a Dutch friend sitting next to me to avoid making any mistake like this! And apparently there are other people running into the same issue in the forum.

Kind regards

6 reacties

Btw, I have to mention that the website is really not clear about this; I started from the product section and going through all questions about what I need but nothing about the duration of the abbonement. And I had a Dutch friend sitting next to me to avoid making any mistake like this! And apparently there are other people running into the same issue in the forum.

It is the very first question on that page. To buy that subscription from there, you either need to click "Koop nu het jaarabonnement" (=Buy the year-subscription now) or "Koop nu het maandabonnement" (=Buy the month-subscription now). Also on the next page (which doesn't work today, because like any sunday the webshop is down for 'regular maintenance') for the year-subscription it shows 'doorlopend', which indicates that it continues automatically and can be ended first after one year and from that moment on every month.

edit: Maybe you started from the "abonnementenwijzer". That one shows indeed only year-subscriptions. For month subscriptions that comparison tool is useless anyway.
When you go to the Producten, the first and logical option you see is "abonnementenwijzer". When you go through this option you get bunch of questions to select your "right" abbonement but nothing about the duration of that!

Anyhow, can you please help me to change this to what I intended and needed to buy?
I can't. You are now totally dependent on the goodwill of NS. You will have to wait for a reaction from one of the moderators, but that will not be before tomorrow. In any case: Do not activate your subscription at the ticket vending machine if you want to keep any chance of getting this corrected.
Hi mohsen,

Can you send me a private message with your name, address en OV-chipcardnumber?

Kind regards,

Brian
Hi brian,

Thanks for your message. I already talked to the client service and they kindly canceled the subscription.

Kind regards,
Mohsen
Oke, I'm glad to see that you got the help that you wanted.

Reageer