beantwoord

I can't go to an automatic machine to pick up my order

• 24 maart 2020
  • 4 reacties
  • 159 Bekeken

Hi!

I have a question.

Due to Covid situation, I was sent back to my country, thus I wanted to switch to a flex subscription instead of Traject Vrij because I was paying 168.5 euros monthly without needing it as my office is closed. I called and they switched me to Flex but now I’m seeing that to validate it I have to go to an automatic machine. But I’m not in the Netherlands anymore so that’s impossible. Do you know how can I do? Is there another way to pick up order and validate the fact that I want to switch to Flex?

Thanks so much for your help

icon

Beste antwoord door Sanne NS 24 maart 2020, 21:57

Hi Juliettelouat and welcome to the NS Community! 

To confirm this, you do have to go to the ticket machine. This has to happen within 14 days. You will not be able to do so? The best thing you can do is contact our customer service. Click here to contact them. They might be able to cancel the change. Do keep in mind that there is quite a long wait to get an answer

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Hi Juliettelouat and welcome to the NS Community! 

To confirm this, you do have to go to the ticket machine. This has to happen within 14 days. You will not be able to do so? The best thing you can do is contact our customer service. Click here to contact them. They might be able to cancel the change. Do keep in mind that there is quite a long wait to get an answer

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

They might be able to cancel the change.

That's nice, but not what juliettelouat wants. Isn't there any other solution? I know normally one must go to the machine, but these aren't normal times.

Badge +3

Totally crazy advice.. 

If you’re not in NL (or can't reach a machine to pick up orders) the standard procedure is to block your ov-chipcard altogether and call it quits (einde verhaal, end of story).

After that, your card is useless of course, but it will save you any bills or Flex invoices, or worse.. collection agencies after any €£$¥ they want (leave the auto-debit/incasso on for a month or so)

Please ask for that at NS Customer Service, or do it yourself via https://www.ov-chipkaart.nl/terminate-or-replace/defective-card.htm and DON’T ask for a replacement. Just report it lost or so, to end it.

TLS/OV-chip usually screws that processs up completely (they forget to communicate that to NS) :sweat_smile: but if you go that way, you should be good.

After that, trash your card or keep it (note or remember the number and expiry date) and that’s it… 

Your NS Flex subscription will not be cancelled by voiding the OV-chipcard though. You'll still have to contact us for that, afterwards.

Reageer