beantwoord

I've received a Syncasso fine, what now?

Dear NS team,

During Oct 2017-Oct 2018 I was working in Amsterdam; in Oct.2018 I decided to return to my home country and therefore deregistered from City Hall and stopped all my ties with NEtherlands.
During my stay there I had a business subscription with NS from my employer ( as my home was in Utrecht) which I was informed that will be stopped; other than that I only had a personal option acquired for 1 year to travel by train with a 40% discount.
Since oct 2018 I have not used any NS services; my OV chipkaart number was 3528**** **** 2406.

I received today a strange email from Syncasso (file number 😵 claiming that I have an unpaid debt of 92 eur which I should pay immediately to avoid legal action.

I really have no ideea whether this is a spam or indeed there was some need to inform NS that I was leaving the country back in 2018 and cancel something.
As per my knowledge there was no service in place that was automatically renewed..so I never thought about it.

Could you please instruct me how to clarify this situation? I did not receive any information regarding any renewal and this email from Syncasso was especially disturbing today.
I had a good experience while being in Netherlands and I would like to remember it this way.

Many thanks and kind regards!
icon

Beste antwoord door Denice NS 14 mei 2019, 17:53

An update with some good news 🙂. Our financial department has removed all open amounts so Laura does not have to pay us or Syncasso anything 🙂

When you have a similar problem which you can not solve via our Customer Service please post a message here on the Community or send us a message via Facebook or Twitter so we can help solve the problem with you. Don't send a private message to one of the moderators without us asking you to. Because we do not expect a private message it can take a long time before you'll get a response. Not every moderator is active every day or week.
Bekijk origineel

15 reacties

Reputatie 4
other than that I only had a personal option acquired for 1 year to travel by train with a 40% discount.

Which automatically renews if you don't cancel it. The subscription costs 52 euro, and because you didn't pay in time an additional 40 euro 'incassokosten' has to be paid.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
You 'd better contact Customer Service how to handle. As you cannot end your conscription outside the Netherlands, they will probably block it or ask you to do it at ov-chipcard You should have had some warnings before you received the letter of Syncasso. It is likely you ignored them, but in the Netherlands autorenewal is normal.

You can contact Customer Service by way off Internet, in that case there are no phone costs.They will find a solution and tell you what to can do best.
Hi Laura Baluteanu and welcome to our Community!

I'm really happy that you asked us what to do next. This is a confusing, I can understand. But please do not stress about this, it happens more often than you think. If you contact our customer service, they will end the season ticket for you. Normally a customer needs to delete the product from the OV-chipcard themselves. Now you're telling us that you no longer live in the Netherlands, so that means that we're going to end everything for you. It will not be possible to put a new product on this OV-chipcard again after that, but that's no problem I think?

Please just send a colleague of mine a copy of your topic and answer any of their questions, I'm sure they be happy to help if you ask them to!
Dear Emma,

Thank you for your very kind response.
I followed your advice and contacted Customer Service, unfortunately they were not willing to help with anything, just said that I should contact Syncasso and pay.
The 40% discount option I had was valid since March 2018 till March 2019; it was automatically renewed and left unpaid.
As said, I left Netherlands in Oct 2018, so I did not even entirely benefit of the 1 year discount I paid for; now, that I’ m reaching out, 1 month after renewal, informing of the situation, still no understanding from NS; I am supposed to pay 90 eur for 1 month of delay in answering....it really does not sound just.
I had the same situation with the 3rd party liability insurance, renewed by them, however it was retroactively stopped and solved after proper communication.
Very disappointed with this.
I'm very sorry this problem has not been solved yet, Laura.

Can you please send me a private message (click on my name and then 'stuur bericht') with your full name, date of birth, address that the card was registered on, email address and your OV-chipcard number. I'm sure we can come to a solution together 🙂
Laura has send me a private message with some details. I have send a request to our financial department to remove the open amount since Laura isn't in our country anymore. We are now waiting for the response from our financial department about the outcome of this request
An update with some good news 🙂. Our financial department has removed all open amounts so Laura does not have to pay us or Syncasso anything 🙂

When you have a similar problem which you can not solve via our Customer Service please post a message here on the Community or send us a message via Facebook or Twitter so we can help solve the problem with you. Don't send a private message to one of the moderators without us asking you to. Because we do not expect a private message it can take a long time before you'll get a response. Not every moderator is active every day or week.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Our financial department has removed all open amounts so Laura does not have to pay us or Syncasso anything.

Will this be so in the future as well?
@Thom Yes 🙂. When we hand a case over to Syncasso the product will also be cancelled, which means it will also not be automatically renewed anymore in the future.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Wise!
Badge +3
I understand, a subscription can be cancelled administratively, but how about Syncasso?

They took action/did some work for NS, so I guess they still want the €40 (legal) fee for that.

Or can this be waived by NS as well (or will NS pay for that)? That is really good news, because usually collection agencies don't play nice... 😏
In these kind of cases our financial department contacts Syncasso to close the case. We at least make sure the customer does not have to pay anything anymore.🙂 Which means they also don't have to pay anything to Syncasso.
All the best wishes to Denice for understanding and offering a positive ending to this anxious topic especially for us foreigners!
I am glad the NS Community exists and functions so well.

With appreciation,
Laura
Badge +3
@Laura Baluteanu so glad this worked for you, eventually (and quicky, too.. for NS standards!) 😂

Thanks for sharing and your feedback. Your (specific) case opened up a lot of opportunities for others!
@Robert B Happy to help through my problem; also, glad to report that Syncasso has informed about the file closure; everything was solved.

Reageer