Is NS Flex free weekends valid only in the Netherlands? | NS Community
beantwoord

Is NS Flex free weekends valid only in the Netherlands?

• 27 May 2022
  • 4 reacties
  • 359 Bekeken

Helloo! I have the subscription for free weekends. Tomorrow I am travelling to Brussels.

Is it valid only in the Netherlands or can I use it tomorrow as well?

icon

Beste antwoord door Slidestops 27 May 2022, 02:28

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Weekendvrij is valid up to the Dutch border. You do need to pay for the Belgian part.

Buy an international ticket at NSInternational and fill in a reduction of 100 percent for the Netherlands. For Belgium you need to pay the full price. Open the gate with this ticket and take your Weekendvrijcard with you as a proof for the right of 100 percent reduction. It is quite a difference in price.

Edit: There is no need to ask it twice. I just noticed you already got a correct answer of Slidestops below.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

BUT if you are ju/senior its most often a lot cheaper to break it in 3: NL-deel, via whatever to Noorderkempen ONLY (=6€/single) and via b-rail the rest: youth Go1 for about 7,50/single or Senr for 7,20 dayreturn. For anyone-if you come back same weekend- weekendreturn (=in BE just a little more expens. as 1 single).

IF you do this more often-book at least 1 week before and the price falls a lot.

Its valid until you reach the border. In Belgium you need an other ticket.

You can buy a ticket @ NS international or a ticket machine/office and select a travel discount of 100% in the Netherlands. You'll only pay for the Belgium part of your journey.

Edit: There is no need to ask it twice. I just noticed you already got a correct answer of Slidestops below.

I've deleted the duplicate topic and moved Slidestops response to this one. Asking twice is indeed not necessary. :)

Reageer