beantwoord

Mijn OV-reishistorie on ov-chipkaart.nl does not show the Ritprijs for trips

• 16 september 2020
  • 18 reacties
  • 288 Bekeken

Mijn OV-reishistorie on ov-chipkaart.nl does not show the Ritprijs for trips for my REGISTERED NS flex subscription. I can see the euro amount on NS.NL, but not the ov-chipkaart site. I have called OV and they say it's NS's problem. I can see each individual trip, but not the value of the trip. I need this to submit my expense report. 

icon

Beste antwoord door Sascha NS 16 september 2020, 10:20

Good morning ghymes. Welcome to the NS Community.

As far as I know this is because OV-chipcard can't look into the finances of your (our) NS Flex subscription. I'm afraid the only solution to this would be to cancel the NS Flex subscription and go back to traveling on balance if you absolutely need the OV-chipcard travel history.

Bekijk origineel

18 reacties

Reputatie 5

if you're using ns flex, you can see the prices for your trips only on Mijn NS . You should be able to use that to submit your expense reports

if you're using ns flex, you can see the prices for your trips only on Mijn NS . You should be able to use that to submit your expense reports

Thank you, this was a "work around” for me last month but my company prefers the output from the OV-Chipkaart site (which allows it to get approved faster). Just curious why it doesn't work on that site.   

As far as I know this is because OV-chipcard can't look into the finances of your (our) NS Flex subscription. I'm afraid the only solution to this would be to cancel the NS Flex subscription and go back to traveling on balance if you absolutely need the OV-chipcard travel history.

Thank you. This does make sense now that you mention that. It's the same reason I can't get the "check in and check out” notifications with this card. I wish this was a function.

Do you mean the messages on the gates/poles when checking in? NS Flex or 'Reizen op Rekening’ is the base, physical product which you check in with. The type of subscription linked to NS Flex is purely digital which is why the gates/poles can't read it.

Do you mean the messages on the gates/poles when checking in? NS Flex or 'Reizen op Rekening’ is the base, physical product which you check in with. The type of subscription linked to NS Flex is purely digital which is why the gates/poles can't read it.

I meant if I check in with the anonymous card (linked to my account) I get the notification on the iPhone app (also check-out and missed check out). The Yellow Subscription card does not notify me. It doesn't work. I was told on here that it can't because the data is different than the ANON. I guess that's because of the FLEX subscription as opposed to pay as you go? 

The functionality is also included with NS Flex but works differently. If you've missed a check-out the system either auto-corrects it or issues a fine. You'll be notified per e-mail in both cases. Not through a pop-up from the app.

The functionality is also included with NS Flex but works differently. If you've missed a check-out the system either auto-corrects it or issues a fine. You'll be notified per e-mail in both cases. Not through a pop-up from the app.

Thank you. Below is specifically what he wrote:

“This is quite ANOTHER issue. Its a big difference how FLEX works (think ´in the cloud´) and how the classic chipcd works (loaded on the card). Hence what you want is understandable but in the current situation of things about impossible, Its of course extremely old fashioned, but there still is www and working on old-style computes, like I do now on a chromebook. That will work, including warnings about forget to checkout etc. And with that expensive and by most people so extremely loved I-fone this is 3x as worse. You have to live with it for now+next yr at least”.

Interesting! Who told you this? The Customer Support person from OV-chipcard?

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

Do you mean the notifications you get in the NS App when you check-in or check-out with NS? They are still available. Have a look in your settings to see if they might have been disabled, as mine had been after an update. Go to: More (tabs on the bottom of the screen) ➡️ Mijn NS ➡️ Choose the card you want and scroll down to the bottom and have a look if notifications are enabled. If it is enabled, try re-linking the card if it still doesn't work. 

It shouldn't matter whether NS Flex has or hasn't been loaded on your card, as notifications work on both of my cards (one has NS Flex and one hasn't). The system only detects whether you have successfully checked in or checked out and doesn't care about which product there is on your card. The only downside with NS Flex is that you will not be able to see the price of your journey in the notifications as that will still need to be calculated when you check out. 

Do you mean the notifications you get in the NS App when you check-in or check-out with NS? They are still available. Have a look in your settings to see if they might have been disabled, as mine had been after an update. Go to: More (tabs on the bottom of the screen) ➡️ Mijn NS ➡️ Choose the card you want and scroll down to the bottom and have a look if notifications are enabled. If it is enabled, try re-linking the card if it still doesn't work. 

It shouldn't matter whether NS Flex has or hasn't been loaded on your card, as notifications work on both of my cards (one has NS Flex and one hasn't). The system only detects whether you have successfully checked in or checked out and doesn't care about which product there is on your card. The only downside with NS Flex is that you will not be able to see the price of your journey in the notifications as that will still need to be calculated when you check out. 

Interesting, they are off again. I will try this for my commute this afternoon. I'll have to re-link the card since I'm getting the lovely "Invalid UUID for this card”error again. I have tried these settings so many times in the past but probably not since the upgrade. I will let you know later. Bedankt!

I stand corrected. The functionality in the NS App remains even with NS Flex. It does require the use of GPS tracking as it seems.

Okay, you mean the alerts won't occur with NS Flex and the NS App? 

The alerts do work with NS Flex as well.

The alerts do work with NS Flex as well.

Cool. I'll check again this afternoon. Fingers crossed. I think it's a cool feature with my Apple Watch alerts too. 

I tested this again with the notifications on and I still don't get the notifications on my iPhone (NS app) when checking in or out with the yellow card (NS Flex). It works with the blue anonymous card though.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

That is quite strange as I've just tested it with my NS Flex card and I did get a notification. The only difference is that I'm using an Android phone. So, it shouldn't have anything to do with a difference in data, as there shouldn't be for the check-in/out pole/gate it self. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the Android or iPhone app. Could it be that you've blocked the notifications of the NS app in your system settings? 

Wow, nice. Thank you. Now I'm certainly invested in trying to get this to work again. It does seem to work with the blue (anon) card  - so not an iPhone thing, but I'll check the anonymous card again tomorrow since I don't always carry it with me. I'd like to see other's with an iPhone show me that it works. :)

Reageer