beantwoord

My subscription doesn't work

• 15 februari 2020
  • 3 reacties
  • 102 Bekeken

• Stapt net in
  • 0 reacties

Hi, 

I have made a subscription saying “unlimited travel on weekends,40% discount outside rush hour”, I took the train yesterday(Friday) at noon and came back the same day at 16:55, but I found that there is no any discount. Did I misunderstood the “rush hour” or something is wrong in my case?

icon

Beste antwoord door bahnrider 15 februari 2020, 14:16

There may be 2 possibilties. Yes, the system is quite complicated and also differs a lot from what other countries/cities do if they have chipcards for transit.

First: you did not tell what type of subscription you got; FLEX (changeable by the month) or the ´classic´ version. But in any case when you START either, you MUST put the ordered subscription on your chipcard. You do this at any NS machine ´ophalen bestelling´ (sorry, forgot the exact /en/ wording); tap in with card, touch this, then TAP AGAIN so that the required order flies over to your card. With FLEX you do not have to repeat this when you change, with the other ones yes. You can always check what is exactly on your card by just tapping it at a machine. It should read ´reizen op rekening´ for FLEX.

Second: as is quite easy to find on the site: the PEAK hrs are AM from 6.30-9.00 and PM from 16.00-18.30, mo-fr working days only. The moment you tap IN determines what fare will be charged, for the whole trip. There is even an unannounced 5 min leeway in your favour, so its peak from 16.05.00 till 18.24.59.

NS may take pity on you for the full fare midday and compensate you, but its also quite possible they say NO, you should have beter read conditions.

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

A new subscription had to be activeted on the NS card machine at the station. Have you done that.

You get discount by check Inn between 9.00 - 16.00 and 18.30 - 6.30 on workingdays.

Reputatie 5
Badge

There may be 2 possibilties. Yes, the system is quite complicated and also differs a lot from what other countries/cities do if they have chipcards for transit.

First: you did not tell what type of subscription you got; FLEX (changeable by the month) or the ´classic´ version. But in any case when you START either, you MUST put the ordered subscription on your chipcard. You do this at any NS machine ´ophalen bestelling´ (sorry, forgot the exact /en/ wording); tap in with card, touch this, then TAP AGAIN so that the required order flies over to your card. With FLEX you do not have to repeat this when you change, with the other ones yes. You can always check what is exactly on your card by just tapping it at a machine. It should read ´reizen op rekening´ for FLEX.

Second: as is quite easy to find on the site: the PEAK hrs are AM from 6.30-9.00 and PM from 16.00-18.30, mo-fr working days only. The moment you tap IN determines what fare will be charged, for the whole trip. There is even an unannounced 5 min leeway in your favour, so its peak from 16.05.00 till 18.24.59.

NS may take pity on you for the full fare midday and compensate you, but its also quite possible they say NO, you should have beter read conditions.

Badge +3

Welcome to the NS Community!

If you loaded the product on your card (at a machine, e.g. at a station or supermarket) you will receive the 40% discount when your first check-in for train is in off-peak hours.

35 minutes after a check-out, your journey is considered as ended and when checking in again, the tariff for the new check-in is billed as if it was a new trip.

If that was around 16:55 this is in peak hours (mon-fri 16:00-18:30) so you were billed full fare.

Reageer