beantwoord

Need to Close OV Chipkaart and End the Abonnements from Abroad

• 27 juli 2014
  • 8 reacties
  • 1115 Bekeken

Hello,

I was living in the Netherlands from 2012 to 2013. Last year I already sent a letter to NS that I want to disband my OV Chipkaart and close everything related to it, since I will never again need it. However, I lately received an e-mail from NS stating this:

"OV-chipkaart:
PRIVATE
Abonnement en klasse:
Dal Voordeel, 2e klas

Betaalwijze:
Jaarlijks
Prijs hoofdabonnement:
€ 50,00 per jaar"

I cannot call the NS service from abroad and letters do not seem to work either. How should I proceed to get the card and all its abonnements finally deleted? It is really hard to find information from the Dutch-only websites.

Thank you very much in advance!
icon

Beste antwoord door Anonymous 28 juli 2014, 11:39

When you want to cancel a subscription you also have to end the subscription on the OV-chip card. When you can not end the subscription on your OV-chip card (because you live in another country), our customer service can end the subscription. You can sent me a private message so I can help you with this problem.
Bekijk origineel

8 reacties

When cancelling a subscription the product also needs to be removed physically from your OV-chipcard to confirm the cancellation.
Apparently that removal has not taken place, so the subscription remained valid and that may be the reason why NS is claiming another €50 for prolongation of your subscription.

In spite of what you say, the NS Customer Service can easily be called from abroad via the special number +31 30 75 15 250.

Even the "Dutch-only" 0900 number has been changed into a "normal" number, viz. +31 30 751 51 55.

Finally it might be possible that a moderator of this forum will read your message and will contact you on this matter via a private message to solve your problem.
When you want to cancel a subscription you also have to end the subscription on the OV-chip card. When you can not end the subscription on your OV-chip card (because you live in another country), our customer service can end the subscription. You can sent me a private message so I can help you with this problem.
In spite of what you say, the NS Customer Service can easily be called from abroad via the special number +31 30 75 15 250.

Even the "Dutch-only" 0900 number has been changed into a "normal" number, viz. +31 30 751 51 55.

I like the way you go from "special number" straight to "normal number". 😉

Hi there femke,

Unfortunately I'm having the exact same problem. I tried to get my card cancelled but to no avail and I've just received an email asking for another annual payment. I haven't been in the Netherlands for nearly 2 years. Is there anything you can do to help? I tried the public number from abroad but couldn't get through. Also, I'm not sure how to send you a private message here. Would be great if you can assist me.

Thanks

Jamie
How come you're not getting through? What does the answering machine say? If applicable, mind the time difference and make sure you call during the day CET.
I have the same problem, I contact the bank to stop the annual payment since I knew I am going home soon. I am sorry I guess I was used to where I come from you don´t pay you dont get the service and automatically gets cancelled, but apparently is not the case here, and I just got a payment reminder with charges, I am leaving in 2 weeks so fortunatelly I can still send the OV back and I make the process to cancel it, but I still not going to use it the next year is it possible to cancel that payment?
Hey casu1967, welcome to the NS Serviceforum.

Are you leaving the Netherlands? Or are you abroad right now and leaving to come to the Netherlands? Do you want to send me a private message with your name, adress, date of birth and your OV-chipcardnumber? Then I will check if I can end your subscription.

Kind regards,
Annewil
@casu1967 I didn't receive a private message from you yet. When you want to cancel your subscription while you are abroad you can contact us at 030 - 7515155 (24/7 available), Twitter, Facebook, e-mail and chat.

Reageer