beantwoord

No product on the card but product order conflicts, why?

I have the following error: "U kunt het product niet combineren met de andere producten op uw OV-chipkaart."
When I want to order the 'new' maand traject abonnement here : https://www.ns.nl/webshop/nieuwproduct?product=TVM

However, I have no products on my OV-card : "Er staan momenteel geen producten klaar om af te halen."

In this case it is impossible for me to charge my card with a new maand abonnement 😞
icon

Beste antwoord door Stephan NS 11 juli 2014, 19:44

Dear maxime,

Welcome to the NS Service Forum. As I understand, you meet some problems with ordering a product on your ov chipcard. Last days, errors occured on the website of NS, but now it should work again. Can you please send me your address data and ov chipcard number in a private message? Then I can look for you where it goes wrong and check if you already have another product on the card. I have moved your topic to "Abonnementen" and changed your title a bit, so that other people will be more able to find your topic.

Regards,
Stephan
Bekijk origineel

20 reacties

It looks like you misinterpreted one of the messages in Dutch. "Er staan momenteel geen producten klaar om af te halen." means there are no newly purchased products on the ticket vending machine for you to download on your card. It does not mean there are no products already on your card.

There might be a product on your card that cannot be combined with "Traject Vrij Maand".
It looks like you misinterpreted one of the messages in Dutch. "Er staan momenteel geen producten klaar om af te halen." means there are no newly purchased products on the ticket vending machine for you to download on your card. It does not mean there are no products already on your card.

There might be a product on your card that cannot be combined with "Traject Vrij Maand".

i don't see any products present/listed on my card.
You could also order a new OV-Chipcard for free together with "Traject Vrij Maand". When there are no other products on your current card, that wouldn't cause you any trouble.
My first attempt was cancelled - just today. So I can have the possibility to order my TVM.

I want to precise that the NS website is awful, errors in the frontend, slow, not clear + the english contain the half of the website (login/personal account are not available).

Finally, the NS website is not responsive to mobile (and with the app login/personal account are still not available).

This should be fix.
I agree with you. Unfortunately the only people the NS can imagine who don't speak dutch and still want to travel with their trains, are tourists. That's why travel cards for regular customers are only available on a webpage in Dutch and require both a Dutch address and bank account.
Unfortunately, inderdaad...
There used to be an option of buying subscriptions on ov-chipkaart.nl which is available in English, but I see that they cancelled this option now, referring you to the different transit companies. Bummer. Unfortunately, NS still thinks that the Netherlands is a monolingual country with only limited information in English and no information whatsoever in Frisian. So if you don't speak Dutch and Google Translate can't cope with the webforms on the Dutch version of ns.nl, then I'm afraid all you can do is go to the counter at larger stations, or, if there is no station with a counter near you, call 030-7515155. At least it's a normal fixed line number now (they used to have an 0900-number), so it's free if fixed lines are in your bundel, or else it's the normal phone tariff. From the way you describe it, it looks like an error on the NS site. That is, if you are sure you don't already have Dal Discount or another subscription on your card. The message "Er staan momenteel geen producten klaar om af te halen" is translated by Google to "There are currently no products ready to pick. [up]", which I understand does not mean you have no products already loaded on your OV-Chipcard, but means you haven't recently placed an order that you have yet to pick up (= download to your OV-Chipcard). For an overview of products already present on your card, go to any OV-Chipcard top-up machine (on the station, inside the Albert Heijn, or at the better tobacconist), switch it to English, then after letting it read your OV-Chipcard, choose 'Show current products' (exact text of this option may vary depending on the type of machine). It should show all products currently loaded on your card.
Dear maxime,

Welcome to the NS Service Forum. As I understand, you meet some problems with ordering a product on your ov chipcard. Last days, errors occured on the website of NS, but now it should work again. Can you please send me your address data and ov chipcard number in a private message? Then I can look for you where it goes wrong and check if you already have another product on the card. I have moved your topic to "Abonnementen" and changed your title a bit, so that other people will be more able to find your topic.

Regards,
Stephan
Good morning,

Again, I have the same bug "U kunt het product niet combineren met de andere producten op uw OV-chipkaart." on the ingangdatum page.

However, I have more information about the bug in order to reproduce it and to fix it :
- My TVM abo was ended so I decided to order a new one online.
- I was on a slow connection in the train.
- I did all the steps until payment page details, where you have to select your bank with iDeal.
- The website went buggy and redirect me to the Products page.

Now my accounts is locked, when I want to order a TVM abo, I got always the error message "U kunt het product niet combineren met de andere producten op uw OV-chipkaart.".

Can you unlock my account and transmit the bug details, please?

BR,
Maxime.
Good morning maxime,

Thank you for the extra information. Could you please send me or Stephan a private message with your address data and ov chipcard number. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Femke
Good morning,
I have exactly the same problem as Maxime. My order stuck on the step where I was choosing my bank. Since then, the order is there, so I cannot make a new one, BUT I cannot buy it and proceed with the activation.

Best,
Crystal
Badge
Good morning,
I have exactly the same problem as Maxime. My order stuck on the step where I was choosing my bank. Since then, the order is there, so I cannot make a new one, BUT I cannot buy it and proceed with the activation.

Best,
Crystal

Hm, please send me your personal data + number of your OV-chipcard through a private message. You can send me a private message by clicking on my name and then 'stuur bericht'.
Hello Leny,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I called today klantenservice and it turns out that the outstanding unpaid orders expire after 24 hours. Then you can make a new one.
Thanks a lot!

Best,
Crystal
Great to read, Crystal! Hopefully you succeed today with ordering a new product 🙂
U kunt het product niet combineren met de andere producten op uw OV-chipkaart... I already have a ov chipkaart. Just want to add a pack. Something went wrong during payment. Now this problem!
Badge +3
If something goes wrong during payment, your order should be removed from the system early the next morning. You might be able to order again now, otherwise you should try it again tomorrow morning.
Same problem today morning :?
Badge +3
Perhaps the system isn't reset in weekends, I'm not sure. Unfortunately NS customer service doesn't work on Sundays, so I can't give another advice to you than to try again tomorrow and to contact customer service if it doesn't work then.
Or contact the customer service on twitter. For some strange reason at several times they can be only contacted on twitter.
Its Done! I guess the weekend was the problem. Thanks people!

Reageer