beantwoord

Not possible to buy/order without internet- discrimination!

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 1 reactie
Hi,

A friend of my, who usually bought his month pass from Hilversum to Amsterdam at the service desk, because he has no computer at home, was told that now he has to buy it at the machines. So today he actually tried, because from tomorrow on he needs a new pass.... And it is not possible! You can just buy a free month pass for the whole Netherlands! What nonsense is that?! How is he supposed to buy/order it without internet? I am sure that there are still more people not having internet or are not able to use it. I understand that this machine way - selling is cutting your costs and it is not too difficult to use, but why can you not buy all or at least the more important products there? Internet cannot be a precondition in my opinion- this is kind of discrimination!
icon

Beste antwoord door Leny NS 21 juli 2014, 09:03

Hi,

A friend of my, who usually bought his month pass from Hilversum to Amsterdam at the service desk, because he has no computer at home, was told that now he has to buy it at the machines. So today he actually tried, because from tomorrow on he needs a new pass.... And it is not possible! You can just buy a free month pass for the whole Netherlands! What nonsense is that?! How is he supposed to buy/order it without internet? I am sure that there are still more people not having internet or are not able to use it. I understand that this machine way - selling is cutting your costs and it is not too difficult to use, but why can you not buy all or at least the more important products there? Internet cannot be a precondition in my opinion- this is kind of discrimination!

Kate, welcome to the NS forum. In the past it was possible to buy a subscription for a month at the ticketmachine (maandtraject abonnement) or at the Service desk on the station. Since 9th of July you can only buy the Traject Vrij (maand) via the customer service (030-75151550 or via internet). The reason why you cannot buy this new type of subscription is: your train travels will be charged from your bank account at the end of the month (automatically) and we need your approval to be able to charge the money from your bank account. Kind regards, Leny
Bekijk origineel

11 reacties

In the information on the "Traject Vrij" month and year passes I read that your friend can order this month pass by telephone via NS Klantenservice. You can find the information on the internet page http://www.ns.nl/reizigers/producten/abonnementen/traject-vrij.html
Ok... Weird, we called the phone number that was on the machine and the lady that picked up told us that order it via the internet is the only possible way... But again, you need the internet to get even this information- you can't find it directly at the station (the service desk in Hilversum has also just short opening hours)
I still don't understand why there is not an easier and faster way (directly at the machine for example) to buy this sort of tickets.
I also read other user experiences where they had trouble to download their passes at the machines after ordering them on the internet...
A basic product, like public transport should be easily available for all people, also older ones
The month pass for a limited route is not available anymore on paper. Your friend will need a OV-chipcard to load the new month pass on. I am sure the person at the servicedesk in Hilversum or Amsterdam can help your friend to get this fixed. Or to point out where he can get this help.
Also, there should be a brochure available on paper. Anyway you can find it as a pdf at the end of the internetpage I mentioned. If the brochure is not available, the person at the service desk should be willing to print the pdf for your friend.
Since 9th July the Traject Vrij maand subscription (which is the successor of the (paper) month subscription.
This new type of subscription can be ordered either via internet or by telephone at the customer service (030 751 51 55).
Badge
Hi,

Kate, welcome to the NS forum. In the past it was possible to buy a subscription for a month at the ticketmachine (maandtraject abonnement) or at the Service desk on the station. Since 9th of July you can only buy the Traject Vrij (maand) via the customer service (030-75151550 or via internet). The reason why you cannot buy this new type of subscription is: your train travels will be charged from your bank account at the end of the month (automatically) and we need your approval to be able to charge the money from your bank account. Kind regards, Leny
And you cannot give such approval at a service desk?
And you cannot give such approval at a service desk?

Hahahaha @ expecting anything in the interest of the lowly consumer on NS' side.
Well, there's always another solution: http://everythinginenglish.nl/forum/ovchipcard.php 😉
No, it's nog possible to give such approval at the servcice desk. It is possible that you buy a Traject Vrij via the costumer serviceservice. Keep in mind that it takes 10 days before the subscription can start if you ordered it at the customer service.
Ramon, and when exactly will NS realise more people are traveling without a ticket now than before, and that whole OV-Chipcard policy actually has the opposite effect from what NS wants, as you can see by the link I posted above?
No, it's nog possible to give such approval at the servcice desk. It is possible that you buy a Traject Vrij via the costumer serviceservice. Keep in mind that it takes 10 days before the subscription can start if you ordered it at the customer service.

No why can you not give approval at a desk ?

Of course it is possible, it's just that you don't want to.

All people have to do is sign a form.....

Reageer