beantwoord

NS Dal Vrij subscription cancellation

• 26 april 2021
  • 3 reacties
  • 64 Bekeken

Hi there,

I purchased a Dal Vrij subscription last month to travel to Amsterdam for work. I am relatively new in the Netherlands and I feel not enough informed how season ticket subscriptions work and how to cancel them. Most information websites of the NS are in Dutch (despite clicking on the English language button). Now I have received a mail that my subscription has been extended for another month (including an invoice). Ouch, I did not know about this extension well enough. I really cannot afford another month of traveling, I am really broke. I am very worried. I have cancelled the subscription now but I don’t know if I can also apply for a refund? 

I would like to call the customer service but from my payment history, they have charged me with 6 Euros  last time (What train service does that? I lived in UK and Germany before and their customer services are always for free). 

icon

Beste antwoord door Thom 26 april 2021, 07:27

Customer service will not charge you in any way. After a month you can cancel anytime and you will have your money back that you paid in advance. It may be reduced for some days. Customer service is free, in the Netherlands only local costs, 030 7515155. They will give you all information. You can alsohave a look at MijnNS, your personal account, for these six euros.

You can also use the Internet channels of Customer Service. They are absolutely free. 

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Customer service will not charge you in any way. After a month you can cancel anytime and you will have your money back that you paid in advance. It may be reduced for some days. Customer service is free, in the Netherlands only local costs, 030 7515155. They will give you all information. You can alsohave a look at MijnNS, your personal account, for these six euros.

You can also use the Internet channels of Customer Service. They are absolutely free. 

Hi Anika S and welcome to our Community. I am sorry to read it isn't all clear to you. As Thom said, our Customer Service is free, only local costs. You can also contact us through Facebook or Twitter (DM). 

My colleagues can help you further, and check which costs that you made and answer your further questions.

Reputatie 6
Badge

Since this year nearly all seasons are a type of subscription-they carry on untill YOU stop or change them. Thats best done via the ´mijnNS´account you can make-this should even be very well possible without knowing too much of dutch-and there is always google translate.

You can change by the day, but Iám afraid the above is a bit too optimistic-y backward is neigh impossible. Change to ´basic´ only if you do not want any type of discount or choose a discount type if you travel OFF-peak only (thats what DALuren means)-the time you check in determines the fare charged.

All this assumes you have the FLEX type of season-again daft easy to check in your account or even when holding the card against any of the yellow ticketmachines in stations.

Reageer