beantwoord

NS Flex Weekend Vrij

• 14 april 2019
  • 8 reacties
  • 343 Bekeken

1. I am a tourist and will visit Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Giethoorn, Edam and Zaandam in the coming Easter Holiday (19 April 2019 to 22 April 2019). Is it possible that I buy an OV-chipkaart at Schiphol Airport and then load it with NS Flex Weekend Vrij so that I can enjoy unlimited travel with train during 19 April 2019 to 22 April 2019 for only 32euro. Grateful if you would advise. Thank you.
icon

Beste antwoord door Thom 14 april 2019, 16:54

If you are not a citizen of the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg or Germany, this is not possible. Actually it is already complicated for inhabitants of these countries, besides the Netherlands.

You can buy an ov-chipcard at Schiphol, but not a personal chipcard, and that is what you need if you want to put NSFlex on it. With NSFlex you do pay afterwards, a kind of traveling on credit. The nornal ov-chipcard works with a balance, the money needs to be put on it in advance.

So, the answer is no, unfortunately.
Bekijk origineel

8 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4
If you are not a citizen of the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg or Germany, this is not possible. Actually it is already complicated for inhabitants of these countries, besides the Netherlands.

You can buy an ov-chipcard at Schiphol, but not a personal chipcard, and that is what you need if you want to put NSFlex on it. With NSFlex you do pay afterwards, a kind of traveling on credit. The nornal ov-chipcard works with a balance, the money needs to be put on it in advance.

So, the answer is no, unfortunately.
Reputatie 3
NS FLEX means you travel on credit, pay afterward for journeys done and thus it means that ONLY people with a Dutch bank account can register for it. ALL INFO on it is only available in Dutch and you do need to read and follow fine print to escape paying huge sums.
It is feasible IF you have some family/relations here in NL who can assist you with paying through their bank, but in that case you are by now quite late, as the personal chipcard carries your foto and name and thus needs time to prepare and sent over.
You dit NOT state where you stay On Pasen(Easter) thus its not feaisble to tell what other tickets might be of use.
You may want to check utrechtregionpass.com as a temporary chipcard and pay all sums after bringing it back by creditcard to it.
Reputatie 7
Badge +2
Instead of NS Flex Weekend Vrij you may be interested in the offer from Albert Heijn where you can buy e-tickets for €16.50 (or when you buy them 3 or more only €14.50 each). With those you can also travel a full weekend day or oficial holiday (like Easter monday) and on weekdays during off-peak hours.
Thank you all for your information.
Is the ticket from Albert Heijn the same as the off peak Holland Travel Ticket that I can have unlimited travel in all trains, buses, trams, metros and ferries in The Netherlands during offpeak, weekend and holiday?
My family (two adults and two children aged 10 and 14 year old) will stay in the hotel near Hoofddorp station in Amsterdam. We plan to visit Keukenhof, Giethoorn, Kinderdijk, Edam, Zaandam and the city of Rotterdam & Amsterdam during the Easter Holiday. Does the ticket from Albert Heijn cover the connection of bus, tram, metro and waterbus services. Or we need to buy separate pass for the connection service.
Grateful if you would advise. Thank you.
The tickets from Albert Heijn are only valid in the NS trains, not in the buss, metro or tram. If you only travel with the train, the Albert Heijn ticket is your best option. If you want to use other forms of transportation as well, please check the Holland Travel Tickets.
Reputatie 5
Badge
The Albert Heijn ticket is valid on nearly all trains in the Netherlands (except Thalys and only with supplement on InterCity Direct (Just between Schiphol and Rotterdam) and on the ICE). Your 10 year old child can travel for a much lower price with the RailRunner, which has the same validity as the Albert Heijn day ticket. The adults and your other child have to pay the full price, but be aware! Don't just buy this Albert Heijn ticket for really short distances! Check the normal train prices for each day and see if it will get you a discount.
Link RailRunner ticket: https://www.ns.nl/producten/en/meest-gekocht/p/railrunner
if you'd like information about the bus to your destinations, feel free to ask!
Thank you all for your advice.
I have decided to buy the train day ticket off-peak from the Albert Heijn. I click the link attached in the above message and add the items into the shopping cart. However, when I tried to check out the items, I found that the payment could only be transacted by the Netherlands bank account that I do not have. Could you suggest how I can purchase the train day ticket off-peak by foreign credit card. Thank you.
I have not used them myself, but as far as I can see you should be able to buy these tickets in any Albert Heijn grocery store, which you can find literally everywhere.

Reageer