Skip to main content

good morning,

I have the 'off-peak' subscription to use the train. My usual route is between Arnhem Presikhaaf (NS, from Arnhem Presikhaaf to Arnhem Central) and Varsseveld (Arriva, from Arnhem Central to Varsseveld).

1) I need to take the first train at 06:13 (NS) to take the second (Arriva) before 06:30 in order not to pay extra money (only with the subscription value).

If the first and second train were from the same company (NS or Arriva) I only need to take the first one before 06:30, correct?

Why is it not possible with trains from different companies? 

2) today the first train (NS; Arnhem presikhaaf - Arnhem Central) was delayed and I was not able to get the second train (Arriva, from Arnhem Central to Varsseveld) before 06:30 (06:35).

how to proceed in this situation? 

If you use the FLEX subscription the first check-in counts for the whole yourney. Eg. Your check-in before 6.35 is valid for your whole journey, even if you check out with NS and check in with Arriva, like you do.

If you (still) travel with the ‘pay as you go’ option / saldo, the way you described the check-in process is correct. In that case it would be better to change to FLEX.

Reageer