Postcode doesn't work | NS Community
beantwoord

Postcode doesn't work

• 16 April 2023
  • 3 reacties
  • 283 Bekeken

Hello,

I’m a student studying in Aachen, Germany and travel a lot by public transport in the Netherlands. To make my financial status lighter, I would like to buy an NS-Flex abonnement, that’s to say, Weekend Vrij. However when I try to buy it, the website tells me only to enter DUTCH postcode instead of my German one. I have successfully applied for my personalized OV-chipkaart and had it in my hand, but this requirement for an NS Flex has made me mad. What can I do for now to make it for me possible?

By the way is the payment impossible with only a German bank account? I haven’t reached that step since the postcode blocked me.

Thank you for helping!

Best regards

icon

Beste antwoord door Robert B 16 April 2023, 18:11

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Badge +3

Welcome to the NS Community!

First of all, good that you obtained a personal ov-chipkaart!

Dou you have a (German or other) IBAN bank account? Yes!

Then contact NS Customer Service (phone, chat, socials) for the subscription.

It may take 10 days for a foreign IBAN account to get validated for auto-debit (NS Flex) but it’s not needed.

My advice: use any valid Dutch postal address like Laan van Puntenburg 100, 3511ER Utrecht (NS headquarters) and see what happens if you fill in the DE IBAN.

If that doesn’t work, just get a (free) Revolut IBAN account and pay for the subscription using iDeal (although Deutsche Bank should work with iDeal, too!)

You can leave the phone number blank or use 010 0000 000 (or 06 1234 5678, anything will do).

Of course, you will need to load the subscription on your card at a (ticket) machine before it’s active.

Welcome to the NS Community!

First of all, good that you have a personal ov-chipcard!

Dou you have a (German or other) IBAN bank account? Yes!

Then contact NS Customer Service (phone, chat, socials) for the subscription.

It may take 10 days for a foreign IBAN account to get validated for auto-debit (NS Flex) but it’s not needed.

My advice: use any valid Dutch postal address like Laan van Puntenburg 100, 3511ER Utrecht (NS headquarters) and see what happens if you fill in the DE IBAN.

If that doesn’t work, just get a (free) Revolut IBAN account and pay for the subscription using iDeal (although Deutsche Bank should work with iDeal, too!)

You can leave the phone number blank or use 010 0000 000 (or 06 1234 5678, anything will do).

Of course, you will need to load the subscription on your card at a ticket machine before it’s active.

Thank you so much for helping me making progress! (I use mainly Sparkasse Aachen so it surely doesn’t work with iDEAL)

Badge +3

iDEAL is the culprit indeed (still wondering why e.g. PayPal is not accepted), but a Revolut or (not free anymore) Bunq account will work for iDEAL.

Reageer