beantwoord

Received fine from ns.nl, not sure what to do

• 23 april 2019
  • 9 reacties
  • 429 Bekeken

Hi,

I received an email from Syncasso, tell me that € 92.00 ns.nl must be paid to ns.nl.

I got another email telling me that € 52.00 per year will be deducted for a subscription.

However, I have already closed my bank account and left the Netherlands in June 2018. I was living there for a few months only.

What should I do?
icon

Beste antwoord door Robert B 23 april 2019, 17:37

In this case, you can contact NS so they can terminate your card altogether (as if it was lost, stolen or defective). Of course, your card will then be useless, and cannot be reactivated anymore for later use.

If the Dal Voordeel subscription has not been used at all (since the renewal date), they can reimburse you for the € 52,- (coulance/considerateness).

The € 40,- added by the collection agency (Syncasso or Intrum Justis or whatever) is the biggest problem, since it's a mandatory/legal fee for late payments. You should have received multiple e-mails (and a letter by post) before NS handed over the unpaid invoice or otherwise refused auto-debit from your (non-existent) bank account to Syncasso. Please contact them too, to prevent further increases.

The regular way to end a subscription is to pick the cancellation up as an 'order' before the ending date, so your card 'knows' it is only valid until that date.
Bekijk origineel

9 reacties

Badge +3
In this case, you can contact NS so they can terminate your card altogether (as if it was lost, stolen or defective). Of course, your card will then be useless, and cannot be reactivated anymore for later use.

If the Dal Voordeel subscription has not been used at all (since the renewal date), they can reimburse you for the € 52,- (coulance/considerateness).

The € 40,- added by the collection agency (Syncasso or Intrum Justis or whatever) is the biggest problem, since it's a mandatory/legal fee for late payments. You should have received multiple e-mails (and a letter by post) before NS handed over the unpaid invoice or otherwise refused auto-debit from your (non-existent) bank account to Syncasso. Please contact them too, to prevent further increases.

The regular way to end a subscription is to pick the cancellation up as an 'order' before the ending date, so your card 'knows' it is only valid until that date.
I see, thanks for all your replies.

I just checked, the past emails were all in Dutch (I don't read Dutch), which is probably why I didn't notice them... Only saw the latest email that mentioned € 92 which is why I tried to use Google Translate, then I realized what happened.

I've contacted NS.NL. I don't want to get into trouble, but I don't want to have to pay for something I didn't know about either...
Reputatie 5
I see that yet again one answer has disappeared entirely, without any warning or trace.

*poef*

Winston could not do any better in "1984".

Now, this is a private site, owned and operated by NS. So NS has the right to scrap whatever NS does not like.

However, NS expects that its customers help other customers, so I'd recommend that NS does not hit the Delete button whenever one of the moderators suddenly feels the urge to do so.
Is there someone from NS on this site? What can I do about this?
I had no idea about what had happened. I check my previous emails from ns.nl. Because they were all in Dutch, I did not understand them and thought they were promotional emails, so I did not read them. I only just realized that they were asking me to cancel my subscription. I understand from customer service on Facebook that letters were sent to my Dutch address, but I am no longer living there. There is no way for me to have read them.

It is unfair to ask me to pay for something I did not know about, and did not even use? I did not sign any contract. I only purchased the OV chip card from Albert Heijn last year.
Hello bio9205 and welcome to the NS Community. |

First of all, I've removed your second topic about this same problem. It is not allowed to post double topics. Secondly. The first response has been remove because the responded suggested you committed fraude. That is why his response has been removed.

All NS Season tickets are renewed yearly. This is written in the therms of your product you have agreed to. Secondly, NS sends you an update about the renewal of your contract before the renewal happened and an e-mail when the renewal has been activated. After this, you have received several messages about an unpaid debt. Therefor, NS has done everything possible to inform you about this. Please make sure you pay the debt as soon as possible, even using a foreign bank account that is not a problem. Contact my colleagues of the Customer Service through Social Media for an explanation how to do this.
Hello bio9205 and welcome to the NS Community. |

First of all, I've removed your second topic about this same problem. It is not allowed to post double topics. Secondly. The first response has been remove because the responded suggested you committed fraude. That is why his response has been removed.

All NS Season tickets are renewed yearly. This is written in the therms of your product you have agreed to. Secondly, NS sends you an update about the renewal of your contract before the renewal happened and an e-mail when the renewal has been activated. After this, you have received several messages about an unpaid debt. Therefor, NS has done everything possible to inform you about this. Please make sure you pay the debt as soon as possible, even using a foreign bank account that is not a problem. Contact my colleagues of the Customer Service through Social Media for an explanation how to do this.

Thanks for your clarification Jouke. I am taking issue with this because all the updates NS sent me were in Dutch... How could I have been expected to translate and read every single one? I have already contacted Customer Service.
The terms of the Dal Voordeel, and the e-mails that you have received, are indeed in Dutch. I can understand that this is not ideal but as you mentioned above, you can translate them. Google Translate or a Dutch relative will be able to help you. Nevertheless I agree that the terms should be available in English as well. I have requested the responsible department to get this done.
The terms of the Dal Voordeel, and the e-mails that you have received, are indeed in Dutch. I can understand that this is not ideal but as you mentioned above, you can translate them. Google Translate or a Dutch relative will be able to help you. Nevertheless I agree that the terms should be available in English as well. I have requested the responsible department to get this done.

Thank you Jouke.

I have no Dutch relatives at all. No one I know speaks Dutch...

Even this NS website is hard to navigate as it is entirely in Dutch. Using Google Translate is very troublesome as I have to translate the words one-by-one.

Hope that NS can resolve this issue for me and waive the fine, as I feel that this is unfair given my circumstances.

Reageer