beantwoord

Subscription Cancellation

Dear all,

I received notice this week that my subscription is about to be automatically renewed. I am currently out of the country and I am unable to call the customer service number provided in the e-mail.

At the moment, I have no plans to travel back to the Netherlands and I would like to cancel my subscription.

If there is a customer service phone number that I can call from abroad, please let me know.

Thanks,

Roberto Gama
icon

Beste antwoord door Anonymous 21 mei 2014, 09:13

Dear rgama, Welcome to the NS Service Forum! I understand that you would like to stop your subsription; I am able to help you with this. Could you please send me your personal date (name, adress, residence), date of birth, ov-chipcardnumber (3528...) and the number of your bankaccount in a private message? I'd like to see what I can do for you. I replaced this topic to 'Abonnementen' to increase the searchability.
Bekijk origineel

18 reacties

Dear Ns Customer service,

I have recently moved from Netherlands due to some personel issues and need to cancel my monthly abondment which I was not able to cancel before my move since it was an urgent move. As your custumer call center is not available from abroad I could not do that after my arrival. Could you please help me to cancel my monthly abondment?

Hi funda gul, you may send me a private message with your personal details. I will help you as soon as possible.
Dear Ns Customer service,

I have recently moved from Netherlands due to some personel issues and need to cancel my monthly abondment which I was not able to cancel before my move since it was an urgent move. As your custumer call center is not available from abroad I could not do that after my arrival. Could you please help me to cancel my monthly abondment?
Ik zie het, aangepast!
Eerst moet de kaart gecancelled worden via de link en daarna gaat de Klantenservice van NS dezelfde kaart nog een keer cancellen.. Maar dan loopt het abonnement gewoon door.

If your card has been expired within one year, you can go to this page. Here you can end your card. Two days after doing so you can contact Customer Service, and they will cancel your card.
Wat bedoel je, Macca?
Of course in the adjusted comment you probably mean your Customer Service will cancel the subscription.
Hi Mimoun,

I checked with OV-chipcard and our Customer Service. I adjusted my comment. My apologies! You can contact me through a private message, as soon as your new card has been made. I will then cancel your subscription and refund your new card.
No you are not the only one. Probably only NS employees can understand the logic behind this.
nope it is not a joke, i am being told that I cannot cancel until I have a new one. So I ordered a new one online and paid for it, once i got the new one and tried to cancel it i was told that I should have RENEWED the old one and not have ordered a new one. So now I have a expired card and a new card and i cannot use my travel contract so i have to pay for daily cards. Guess what? I am fed up and don't want a card or your embarrassing service...How are we supposed to know if their own employees don't even know? dealing with two companies while all we want is to use the service we paid for. Am I the only one who has a problem understanding this logic? I really dont get it.
If your card is expired, you should ask for a new one and then cancel the subscription.

This has got to be a joke, right?
Hi Mimoun,

Welcome to this forum. Sorry to hear that you are feeling this way about our Customer Service.

There are two options when a card has been expired and you want the contract to be cancelled:
- If your card has been expired over a year, you need to contact NS and they can arrange the cancelation of the subscription through IT
- If your card has been expired within one year, you can go to this page. Here you can end your card. Two days after doing so you can contact Customer Service, and they will cancel your subscription.
NS is a national embarrassment.I am trying to cancel my subscription for a week now, and yes the card is expired and no i dont want a new card. You should still be able to cancel my subscription even without a stupid OV card. Now I will send a signed letter for you to cancel my subscription, if you don't honor my request I will take this to court. Have a nice day.
Thanks, Janou. I just sent you my personal details via private message.
Dear Susan,

I requested almost a year ago that my subscription be stopped.

Please proceed with the cancellation. I'm still being charged with the annual fee and I would like to be reimbursed for the latest payment.

I left the Netherlands almost two years ago and have no plans to come back. Please cancel my subscription as soon as possible. I'd appreciate it if somebody could help me with this.

Regards,

Roberto Gama

Hi rgama! Can you please send me a private message with your personal details? I will help you there.
Dear Susan,

I requested almost a year ago that my subscription be stopped.

Please proceed with the cancellation. I'm still being charged with the annual fee and I would like to be reimbursed for the latest payment.

I left the Netherlands almost two years ago and have no plans to come back. Please cancel my subscription as soon as possible. I'd appreciate it if somebody could help me with this.

Regards,

Roberto Gama
Dear Susan,

I sent you a private message many days ago with my personal information, as you requested.

Please confirm that my subscription was stopped before this months's renewal.

Thanks,

Roberto Gama
Dear rgama, Welcome to the NS Service Forum! I understand that you would like to stop your subsription; I am able to help you with this. Could you please send me your personal date (name, adress, residence), date of birth, ov-chipcardnumber (3528...) and the number of your bankaccount in a private message? I'd like to see what I can do for you. I replaced this topic to 'Abonnementen' to increase the searchability.
For calls from outside the Netherlands the Customer Service's number is +31 30 75 15 250

Reageer