beantwoord

Subscription for my internship travelling

• 30 January 2017
  • 1 reactie
  • 68 Bekeken

• Anonymous
  • 0 reacties
Hello, I started my internship some days ago and I have to travel from Nijmegen to Eindhoven every week. My internship lasts 6 months and I am a student here already for 1.5 year. I would like to ask if my internship is considered as a job because I saw that if you are a student and work more than 27 hours per week then you can get the student card for the trains. I work 40 hours per week and my internship is paid so am I eligible? Otherwise my next option would be to get the Dal Vrij Jaar but can I stop the subscription in 6 months because I don't want to continue paying after finishing my internship.
icon

Beste antwoord door Tochjo 30 January 2017, 19:26

Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Badge +3
The student travel product you are referring to is handed out by the Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs (DUO; Dutch Ministry Service for Education Affairs). Therefore, you should ask them if you are eligible, not NS (Dutch Railways). NS cannot decide this.

Dal Vrij Jaar has a minimum duration of one year. This means that you cannot cancel it in the first year. NS customer service can make an exception, but this is only done in unforseeable circumstances. I would say that this does not apply in your situation, in which you know that you won't have any use for it anymore over six months. However, you should ask NS customer service directly about this, since I can't decide this.

Reageer