beantwoord

Syncasso asking for 90Euros for subscription/abonnement even though not using since as 10 months

• 15 februari 2017
  • 8 reacties
  • 247 Bekeken

Hello,

I have been receiving emails to pay up for a subscription fee of 45Euros along with some additional fees of 45Euros. The problem is they are asking me to pay the amount first and then apply for cancellation of the subscription. But the cancellation can only happen if i am present physically in Netherlands or spend 80+euros to just send a physical cancellation form. For now i have left Netherlands for good and not sure about returning.
I wonder why there is no facility available online to cancel the card or subscription from the same location where i have purchased the subscription or card from an online portal. This is very unfortunate as i see this being a purposefully designed Technic to not allow any subscription to be cancelled online and charge genuine customers even if not in use . If you are allowing customers to purchase contracts online then you should allow it to be cancelled online as well.
I wonder even if i pay the amount asked for the services which i am not using for last 1 year and due to auto renew concept it keeps expecting me to pay money without a simple option of cancelling the contract of abonnement.
I am looking for serious solution on this as this seems to be major problems faced by international travellers in Netherland.
I don't see any reason to pay and then claim money back which would be a lengthy process.
Also from many replies i have just people just being asked to pay up either on the grounds of abiding the contract or some other reasons. But no changes to the system has been made yet on the online platform also calling up on NS or OV-chipkart customer care attracts more charges.
Hoping to get these charges waived off as the system itself is not right.

Best Regards.
icon

Beste antwoord door GroeneRuiter 15 februari 2017, 09:05

@vkool1 I would call the NS Customer Service on +31 (0)30 751 51 55. I am afraid that the money will not be refunded since the service is delivered by the NS. But the Customer Service can help you the best via telephone, they are available 24/7.
Bekijk origineel

8 reacties

Reputatie 5
Badge
@vkool1 I would call the NS Customer Service on +31 (0)30 751 51 55. I am afraid that the money will not be refunded since the service is delivered by the NS. But the Customer Service can help you the best via telephone, they are available 24/7.
Reputatie 7
Badge +3
You should have cancelled your subscription before leaving the Netherlands. So please don't blame other people.
Goodevening vkool1, I'm happy to see you found us on our forum.

I dont think I can help you with the costs, but maybe I'm able to help you with the cancellation of the contract in this particular situation. If you could send me the zip code and house number you used in the Netherlands, and your full name and date of birth I'll see what I can do for you.

You can send me a private message by clicking on my name.
For anyone who's interested, I've checked vkool1's situation, and gave information on how to proceed. In cases like this, I always recommend contacting the custumer service to discuss the situation.
I actually have the same problem here. I left the Netherlands in July 2016 and I no longer live there. Suddenly I received the email says that I should pay 90 euros to Syncasso. I think it's unreasonable since I haven't use the OV--chipkart for the whole year. So could you help me to end the contract please since I won't have the opportunity to go back to the Netherlands only for ending the contract with NS. Thank you so much.
Hello Yuhan and welcome on our Serviceforum! As Chiel mentioned back in February related to vkool1's case, It's unlikely I can help you with the costs, but I'll gladly take a look at cancelling your subscription. You can send me your full name, zip code and house number (from your address back in the Netherlands), date of birth and OV-chipcardnumber for that via a private message. You can send me a private message by clicking on my name and then via the button 'Stuur bericht'.
Reputatie 7
Badge +3
@Yuhan
You should have terminate your contract before leaving.
I have not received a private message form Yuhan unfortunately.

As my colleague Chiel has already mentioned, it is always wise to contact our Customer Service in these and similar situations.

Reageer