beantwoord

Terminate Dal Voordeel 2 klas subscription from outside Netherland

• 27 augustus 2014
  • 8 reacties
  • 933 Bekeken

My sister, my girlfriend and I studied in The Netherlands this past year and left the country in December 2013 after completing our studies. We did not cancel the Dal Voordeel 2 klas subscription on our OV Chipkaart and a few days ago we received notification of the renewal of the subscription in October. Here are the reference numbers: 3413987, 3425672 and 3412478.

In a similar question asked on this forum it was indicated that we should first block or terminate the OV-Chipkaart, but the answer we get from OV-Chipkaart when trying to do so is that we should first cancel any subscription we have on the card, including the Dal Voordeel 2 klas subscription at a public transport company counter, which is impossible for us since we are on the other side of the world! Then fill in a form and send it to an address with the card included, which is also impossible since we no longer have the card...

It is also important to mention that we no longer have banking accounts in the Netherlands, and we no longer have the OV Chipkaarts in our possession since they were discarded when coming back home.

So what can we do to successfully cancel the Dal Voordeel 2 klas subscription and avoid outstanding charges?

Thank you,
icon

Beste antwoord door Pe_pe 27 augustus 2014, 20:52

It is never a good idea to discard an OV-chipcard without ending and removing all subscriptions and subsequently terminating the card itself on ov-chipkaart.nl (and request a refund of the remaining money).

Now you should ignore the warning by TLS and block your OV-chipcard. When NS sees that the cards are blocked, they can end the subscriptions.
Bekijk origineel

8 reacties

It is never a good idea to discard an OV-chipcard without ending and removing all subscriptions and subsequently terminating the card itself on ov-chipkaart.nl (and request a refund of the remaining money).

Now you should ignore the warning by TLS and block your OV-chipcard. When NS sees that the cards are blocked, they can end the subscriptions.
Thank you very much for your input, the thing is that we thought we had cancelled it but apparently we had to make pickup on the machine which we didn't do. So we came back home and we thought everything was good... but now we are receiving the renewal notification.

The problem is that OV-Chipkaart.nl will not let me terminate the card without ending the subscription, and since I am not living in Netherlands anymore I cannot phisically go to one of the service centers or the pickup machine. So I do not know how to cancel the subscriptions in order to terminate the ov-chipkaart.

So basically in order to cancel the subscription NS tells me to terminate the OV-Chipkaart, and OV-Chipkaart tells me to terminate the subscription before!

Thank you,

Hi aherdocia,

If you wish to cancel your subscription when you live abroad, you have to block your OVchipcard first. This is because you have to deactivate your DalVoordeel at a NS card machine to make it definitive. This is no longer needed when your OV-Chipcard is blocked. You can contact the OV Chipcard customer service here. When your card is blocked, you can contact us after 5 days by phone, twitter, facebook to have your Dalvoordeel cancelled. You can also send me or one of my collegues a private message here.
It was never a good idea to dispose of your old card anyway, even when all subscriptions are cancelled and removed. If you post it back to TransLinkSystems, they can reimburse any balance you still have on your ov-chipcard purse. If you dispose of it, it's lost.
Dear Brian,

I have the similar problem as the "aherdocia", so I was following your suggestions in your message above.
I have blocked my OV-chipcard at ov-chipkaart.nl and sent a message to NS Costumer Service (nszakelijk@ns.nl) to terminate my subscription due to the fact that I do not want to use it anymore. They have answered that they will answer in 3 days, but they did not, then I wrote them again, but they failed to answer me again..
Today I got a message that they are happy that I stay with them for the coming year and they will collect money from me. How is that possible ??? How can I finally terminate this subscription??

Please answer me you or anybody who knows the solution here or in private message as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Hi aherdocia,

If you wish to cancel your subscription when you live abroad, you have to block your OVchipcard first. This is because you have to deactivate your DalVoordeel at a NS card machine to make it definitive. This is no longer needed when your OV-Chipcard is blocked. You can contact the OV Chipcard customer service here. When your card is blocked, you can contact us after 5 days by phone, twitter, facebook to have your Dalvoordeel cancelled. You can also send me or one of my collegues a private message here.
That e-mail address is not for private customers but fur business purposes ("zakelijk" = "business"). Best way is to call them: 030-751 5155 (replace 030 with +3130 if you call from abroad).
Can you tell me the email address of the Customer Service to contact them?
thank you.

That e-mail address is not for private customers but fur business purposes ("zakelijk" = "business"). Best way is to call them: 030-751 5155 (replace 030 with +3130 if you call from abroad).
They don't have one, because they believe not having an e-mail address is the way to place customers first, second and third.
You can send a text message through EVA, which is an only Dutch-speaking answering machine. You should type:

"e-mail" (click on 'Verstuur')
"Ja" (click on 'Verstuur')
The subject in 2 or 3 words (click on 'Verstuur')
Initials and last name (click on 'Verstuur')
"meneer" if you are a male, "mevrouw" if you are a female (click on 'Verstuur')
Your date of birth: DD-MM-YYYY (click on 'Verstuur')
Your e-mail address (click on 'Verstuur')
Your postal address (street and number) (click on 'Verstuur')
Your postal code (click on 'Verstuur')
Your OV-chipcard number (click on 'Verstuur')
Your phone number if you want them to call you, otherwise "nee" (click on 'Verstuur')
The actual message (click on 'Verstuur')

Reageer