tip | NS Community
beantwoord

tip

• 5 September 2022
  • 5 reacties
  • 66 Bekeken

hello. I will go to the Netherlands for a week I have an ovchipkaart because I lived there 2 years ago and I still have it active and in force I have requested my children's ovchipkaart to be able to use the Kids vrij so I don't have any plans at the moment and we only come 1 week for a walk that subscription plan they advise me I will be from September 7 to 14. I have thought about weekend vrij that I can travel unlimited during the weekend. my question if I take this plan, I must pay extra for the journeys during the weekend. or only with the €31 that the plan is worth I can travel without additional surcharges, sorry my English is not very good. Thank you 

icon

Beste antwoord door bahnrider 5 September 2022, 16:03

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

IF you have the personal chipcard-with foto+name on, then yes, these are valid 5 years from date of issue. You must create a mijnNS personal account and then can get FLEX and the weekendVRIJ subscription-31/32€, can only be stopped after 1 month-but could still be very good value. IF you do not have FLEX yet, you have to load it on card before first use on a yellow NS-machine. The prob may also be that they will not directly accept SEPA from non-NL-you have to call them about that

KidsVRIJ=free travel for children ONLY together with an adult, : for this they must also first get that personal chipcard-and thats for normal price 7,50, and impossible to get at short notice nor in countries not right at border of NL. I think that will be too difficult in your case. Unless you have some friends here who are willing to get the post-of course then you first have to visit them before use.

The kids can use the Childrenticket for 2,50 - for a dayreturn, get from machine, pay by card. Thats probably the best solution in this case.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

With Weekend Vrij you can travel all weekend with no extra costs, just the €31,60 a month for the subscription. And the weekend runs from 18.30 on Friday to 04.00 on Sunday (Monday morning). You only have to pay extra if you travel outside these hours.

IF you have the personal chipcard-with foto+name on, then yes, these are valid 5 years from date of issue. You must create a mijnNS personal account and then can get FLEX and the weekendVRIJ subscription-31/32€, can only be stopped after 1 month-but could still be very good value. IF you do not have FLEX yet, you have to load it on card before first use on a yellow NS-machine. The prob may also be that they will not directly accept SEPA from non-NL-you have to call them about that

KidsVRIJ=free travel for children ONLY together with an adult, : for this they must also first get that personal chipcard-and thats for normal price 7,50, and impossible to get at short notice nor in countries not right at border of NL. I think that will be too difficult in your case. Unless you have some friends here who are willing to get the post-of course then you first have to visit them before use.

The kids can use the Childrenticket for 2,50 - for a dayreturn, get from machine, pay by card. Thats probably the best solution in this case.

yes i have all 3 ovchipkaart with photos and name 

With Weekend Vrij you can travel all weekend with no extra costs, just the €31,60 a month for the subscription. And the weekend runs from 18.30 on Friday to 04.00 on Sunday (Monday morning). You only have to pay extra if you travel outside these hours.

That was my question. Thanks a lot. 

yes i have all 3 ovchipkaart with photos and name 

if I have my Dutch current account active 

Reageer