beantwoord

to cancel my ov-chipcard

• 19 augustus 2015
  • 6 reacties
  • 164 Bekeken

Hi
I've made ov-chipcard at 2013,0ctober in Netherlands. After back to Korea, in last year, NS sent me an email for extension fee. I didn't know it is automatically extended. So I paid the fee and said I want to cancel it, my card. I asked what should I do for close my card. First, they said I can block it in website but the problem is I didn't have dutch account so I could not cancel it. So NS sent me an form about applying 'lost and stolen card' and said fill in the form and sent it with my card to NS. They said then I can cancel it. So I sent my card and the form. But today I got the same email, requiring my extension fee.
What should I do now? As I mentioned it, I cannot blockit in website, and I don't have ov-chipcard anymore.
Please figure out.
icon

Beste antwoord door Sivan NS 19 augustus 2015, 13:12

Hi Parkjiyeon, and welcome!

You do not need a Dutch account to cancel your card. You can register and use your Dutch address, the one you have when purchasing the contract. Since you used a form (which is also fine), your card should be cancelled by now. However, after the card has been cancelled, you need to end the subscription at NS. Only then will the contract fully be terminated.
Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Hi Parkjiyeon, and welcome!

You do not need a Dutch account to cancel your card. You can register and use your Dutch address, the one you have when purchasing the contract. Since you used a form (which is also fine), your card should be cancelled by now. However, after the card has been cancelled, you need to end the subscription at NS. Only then will the contract fully be terminated.
Hello Silvan, i moved from Netherlands and need to cancel my OV chipcard, what should i do? i already blocked the card on the OV chipcard site.
thank you
Hello Silvan, i moved from Netherlands and need to cancel my OV chipcard, what should i do? i already blocked the card on the OV chipcard site.
thank you

Hello Giovana,

if you blocked your card you don't need to do a lot more. You can also wait at the moment your card doesn't work thats alsoman opsion. ( sorry for my english ) but getting your money back is unfortutally not possible

i hope you got an answer!

Greetings Lucas
Hi Lucas, i just want to cancel my card, don't want my money back!
Giovana, what kind of subscription do you have on your ov-chipkaart?
@Giovana, if you have a subscription, you do need to take further steps. If you have a contract with NS, please contact us to cancel the subscription.

Reageer