beantwoord

Train Metro Bus subscription

• 15 January 2024
  • 7 reacties
  • 145 Bekeken

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 2 reacties

I’m trying to find the best NS + bus + metro card subscription based on my daily travel, but I cannot see a subscription that connects NS train to metro and bus.

I will be travelling on this route at least 3x per week during peak hours. 

Utrecht Centraal ->Amsterdam Centraal->Purmerend Waterlandlaan (bus stop)

Could you please suggest the most economical NS subscription for this travel? 

Thank you. 

icon

Beste antwoord door mrfreeze 15 January 2024, 16:45

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Hi Alrey,

There are no combined subscriptions for trains and bus/metro.

For the travels by train:

A single ticket full fare Utrecht Centraal - Amsterdam Centraal is € 8,80
3 times a week back and forth is € 52,80 per week = € 228,80 per month

You could go for Traject Vrij (unlimited travel on the route Utrecht - Amsterdam + 40% discount in off-peak hours on other routes). This costs € 214 per month.

An alternative is Altijd Voordeel which gives you 20% discount in peak hours, and 40% discount in off-peak hours. This saves you about € 45,76 per month and costs € 26,70 per month. The total price per month would be € 209,74.

Thanks mrfreeze for quick reply. 

Just to clarify, the  Traject Vrij which would cost € 214 per month is unlimited i.e. round trip from Utrecht to Amsterdam and Amsterdam to Utrecht. Is that correct?

EDIT: I saw the answer in the link. Thanks! 

Reputatie 7
Badge +2

In addition to @mrfreeze : the most economical way to use the bus is by just checking in. A single trip from Amsterdam Central to Purmerend Waterlandlaan costs € 4,24 at peak hours. Travelling three days a week in two directions adds up to about € 101, but the cheapest subscription to cover the trip costs € 148,80.

Should you travel more than 3 times a week the Altijd Korting subscription becomes attractive, giving 20% discount in bus, tram and metro also at peak hours. For three round trips it unfortunately isn't as the discount only just covers the subscription costs.

Note you'll have to have the bus/tram/metro part of NS Flex disabled for Altijd Korting to function.

A cheaper alternative might be to take the train between Purmerend and Amsterdam and to change trains at Amsterdam Sloterdijk. In that case you don't need a busticket.

Reputatie 6
Badge +1

The train-only option might be cheaper, but the train to Purmerend only runs every 30 minuten, while there are plenty of buses. So the bus+train option woud be more comfortable when it comes to total travel time including waiting time.

Reputatie 6
Badge +1

In addition: there are multiple bus stops very close to Waterlandlaan, wich each of them one or more bus lines stopping, so if you are willing to walk a few 100m the frequency of buses from Amsterdam to Purmerend is close to every 5 minutes. Do you know the 9292.nl website or app already? It is an app/website to plan your Public Transport trip

In addition: there are multiple bus stops very close to Waterlandlaan, wich each of them one or more bus lines stopping, so if you are willing to walk a few 100m the frequency of buses from Amsterdam to Purmerend is close to every 5 minutes. Do you know the 9292.nl website or app already? It is an app/website to plan your Public Transport trip

Thank you. I will check the 9292.nl

Yes, the train service from Amsterdam Centraal to Purmerend is not very frequent, so the probability of reaching work late is very high =) 

I just checked the NS app. the fastest route for me will be:

Utrecht Centraal → Amsterdam Centraal → Metro Amsterdam Centraal→ Metro Noord → Bushalte Noord → Bushalte Waterlandlaan.  

Just finding a way on how I can save money travelling 3x per week. 

Dank je. 

Reageer