beantwoord

Traject Vrij

• 19 October 2021
  • 37 reacties
  • 349 Bekeken

Today I bought monthly traject vrij in NS ticket machine for 100.20 EUR but online you can buy it for 83.50 EUR. Is there any additional fee when buying it in ticket machine?

icon

Beste antwoord door Tochjo 19 October 2021, 17:18

Bekijk origineel

37 reacties

Badge +3

Welcome to the NS Community!

Yes, Traject Vrij from a machine (valid for one month) costs 20% more than the NS Flex version. (thanks @Tochjo).

Badge +3

To be more precise, you have to pay 12/10 times the amount per month compared to an NS Flex Traject Vrij subscription.

Also note that prepaid Traject Vrij does not entitle you to discount outside of your trajectory. I strongly feel NS should mention this on the page Robert linked to, so I hope a moderator will have this done.

To sum up, buying it at a ticket machine is not recommended, unless you have strong objections against NS Flex Traject Vrij (or can't buy the latter because you don't pass the credit check).

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Also see the prices for 2021 in the tarieven lijst.

This monthly Traject Vrij is meant for people who can't or don't want to have NS Flex. Before NS Flex Traject Vrij was available as a subscription for a year or for a month and there also was this difference in price. 

But good to read that finally the monthly traject vrij is available in NS ticket machines. It took quite some time to have it.

Reputatie 3

To be more precise, you have to pay 12/10 times the amount per month compared to an NS Flex Traject Vrij subscription.

Also note that prepaid Traject Vrij does not entitle you to discount outside of your trajectory. I strongly feel NS should mention this on the page Robert linked to, so I hope a moderator will have this done.

To sum up, buying it at a ticket machine is not recommended, unless you have strong objections against NS Flex Traject Vrij (or can't buy the latter because you don't pass the credit check).

Unfortunately, this information is missing on that page (in Dutch an English). I reported this and I hope that you can find this information very soon on that page! 

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

It does say “Unlimited travel along your chosen route” where the NS Flex Traject page says you also get 40% discount on other routes during off-peak hours and weekends. And it says it is not a season ticket / abonnement. So since the 40% discount is not mentioned it might be clear it is not included.

But I agree it would be much clearer if it was mentioned clearly, like in the same way the advantages are mentioned with Flex season tickets. Then no green tick, but a red x for the 40% discount.

Also kind of surprising, artikel 6 of the conditions / voorwaarden:

De Maandkaart Traject Vrij mag alleen op een persoonlijke OV-chipkaart worden geladen. Bij controle moet een geldig identiteitsdocument met foto worden getoond, dat wil zeggen een paspoort, identiteitskaart of rijbewijs. Vanwege deze identificatieplicht is de Maandkaart Traject Vrij alleen een geldig vervoerbewijs voor reizigers die 12 jaar of ouder zijn.

Why a photo ID in combination with a personal OV-chipcard? 

Badge +3

Yes, why a photo ID with a prepaid product on a personal card that already has your photo.

Reputatie 6

To proof the (personal) card is yours? Doesn't this always apply when travelling on a personal card (or any personal ticket, e.g. an e-ticket?)

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

No, the conditions for NS Flex or season tickets on saldo don't say you need a photo ID to identify yourself. The condition for a photo ID was previously only for e-tickets.

Reputatie 3

If you use a Personal OV-chipcard, your identity must match the identity stated on the Personal OV-chipkaart. You are prohibited from using somebody else’s Personal OV-chipkaart and that's why you need the photo ID.

Badge +3

If you use a Personal OV-chipcard, your identity must match the identity stated on the Personal OV-chipkaart. You are prohibited from using somebody else’s Personal OV-chipkaart and that's why you need the photo ID.

Off-topic:

That applies to all personal ov-chipcard holders, regardless of any subscription.

Furthermore: an ID is mandatory for anyone 12 years or older when travelling in public transport (or 14 years or older anywhere else in the Netherlands).

No need to put that text as an extra in the conditions.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

I know you can't use somebody else's personal OV-chipkaaart, but why do you need a photo ID to identify yourself with a pre-paid Traject Vrij or Altijd Vrij on a personal OV-chipcard and not with a season ticket, like NS Flex Traject Vrij? 

Like I later said, this condition is not included with NS Flex, not with season tickets on saldo and not with OV-chipcards without any season tickets, not now and not in the past. So why the difference?

Reputatie 3

True and I agree! I don't know why this is specific in this conditions. It's also in the main conditions for the transport of Passengers and Hand Luggage.

Badge +3

Ah, I see now…

Vanwege de identificatieplicht is de Maandkaart Traject Vrij alleen een geldig vervoerbewijs voor reizigers die 12 jaar of ouder zijn.

Voor de minimumprijs van € 87,60 bij een automaat koop je 35 Railrunners! :rofl:

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

True and I agree! I don't know why this is specific in this conditions. It's also in the main conditions for the transport of Passengers and Hand Luggage.

The main conditions say you need to be able to identify yourself. The conditions for pre-paid Traject Vrij say you need to show your photo ID when being checked. That is not the same.

I have traveled with Traject Vrij for several years and in all those years was never asked to show my ID when being checked by a conductor on the train. I was however able to identify myself if needed.

And other season tickets or traveling using a personal OV-chipcard don't exclude children younger than 12, like this pre-paid Traject Vrij does.

Badge +3

Showing a photo ID is not mandatory of course (only upon request). Good find!

Another flaw in the system/law is that a child under 12 is allowed to travel with a Railrunner unaccompanied, and needs NO id document.

Reputatie 3

It's worded different, but the outcome is the same. You need to show a valid identity document. And that is always with a photo. I also reported the difference in the terms and conditions so I think they will change this soon.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Ah, I see now…

Vanwege de identificatieplicht is de Maandkaart Traject Vrij alleen een geldig vervoerbewijs voor reizigers die 12 jaar of ouder zijn.

Voor de minimumprijs van € 87,60 bij een automaat koop je 35 Railrunners! :rofl:

Maar stel, mijn kind moet (misschien tijdelijk) dagelijks van Hardinxveld Blauwe Zoom naar Sliedrecht, dat kost heel wat minder (kan zo niet vinden wat het pre-paid bij de automaat kost, maar bij Flex is het €32). 

Even er vanuit gaand dat ik geen Flex kan afsluiten omdat ik bv een slechte buurt woon of schulden heb.

Badge +3

It's worded different, but the outcome is the same. You need to show a valid identity document.

Still off-topic: The conditions look more like for e-tickets, for which you (may) have to show an id because there’s no photo.

For travelling with a personal ov-chipcard, you will never be required/asked to show an id. Only when being fined for something like not checking in (UvB), and for NS Flex not even that!

Another thing about the (wording of) conditions, a colleague moderator told me that information on pages about a subscription should always be kept to a minimum, so ‘this product is for age 12+ only’ is sufficient.

To have an id with you is implied already (by law).

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

It's worded different, but the outcome is the same. You need to show a valid identity document. And that is always with a photo. I also reported the difference in the terms and conditions so I think they will change this soon.

I don't agree. When I travel with a personal OV-chipcard with or without a season ticket or NS Flex, the HC does not ask me to show my ID-card/pasport when being checked on the train. He or she may ask that when for instance I have an old photo on my OV-chipcard on which I look different or when the HC suspects it is not my own personal card, but it is not mandatory with every check to show both my OV-chipcard and my photo ID. I only need to be able to show my ID when being asked. 

Need to show and need to be able to show are two different things. 

Reputatie 3

You don't need to show your ID directly, only when the HC ask for this. Those are two different things, indeed. You need to be able to show your ID.

Badge +3

Then don’t state (as a condition for Traject Vrij bought from a machine) that you have/need to show an id when being checked in a train.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

But the conditions for the pre-paid card say “Bij controle moet een geldig identiteitsdocument met foto worden getoond”, so everytime when being checked, not just when the HC asks for it. And because of this condition travelers under the age of 12 year are excluded. All other conditions (main conditions, NS Flex, season ticket on saldo) do not exclude children under the age of 12.

Badge +3

But the conditions for the pre-paid card say “Bij controle moet een geldig identiteitsdocument met foto worden getoond”

Het woordje ‘kunnen’ ontbreekt.. er moet bij controle (eventueel) een id kunnen worden getoond.

Omdat dat onder de 12 niet nodig is (identificatieplicht in het ov) mag Traject Vrij bij een automaat niet op de kaart van een kind onder de 12 gezet worden. Simpel toch?

Neem trouwens aan dat je voor Sliedrecht - Hardinxveld Blauwe Zoom dan ook gewoon 20% meer dan de Flex prijs betaalt.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Het woordje ‘kunnen’ ontbreekt.. er moet bij controle (eventueel) een id kunnen worden getoond.

Omdat dat onder de 12 niet nodig is (identificatieplicht in het ov) mag Traject Vrij niet op de kaart van een kind onder de 12 gezet worden. Simpel toch?

Dan zou ook een NS Flex Traject Vrij of ander abonnement niet op een kaart van een kind onder de 12 gezet kunnen worden (mocht iemand dat willen). En dat staat in geen enkele ander voorwaarde. Alleen bij deze nieuwe prepaid kaarten staat dit specifiek vermeld.

Dus gewoon nogmaals mijn vraag, waarom het verschil in voorwaarden tussen een pre-paid Traject Vrij en een willekeurig ander abonnement op een persoonlijke OV-chipkaart? 

Neem trouwens aan dat je voor Sliedrecht - Hardinxveld Blauwe Zoom dan ook gewoon 20% meer dan de Flex prijs betaalt.

Daar ga ik ook wel vanuit, maar is niet terug te zoeken in de tarievenlijst, dus wilde niet een specifiek bedrag noemen.

Thank you for clarifying that. From what I’ve read, NS Flex Traject Vrij can be cancelled only after the first year and since I’m staying here only for half a year I didn’t find it necessary to buy NS Flex. But you’re right, I assumed the 40% discount would come with the monthly prepaid Traject Vrij as well.

Reageer