I just got a monthly pass(yearly in fact) and I have a few questions:
1. If I travel outside the route, I see that I have 40% discount. Do I have to activate something special before I travel outside the route or I can just check in checkout normally?
2. Do I have to pay if I travel only on a part of my trajectory? For example I have a pass from Utrecht Terwijde to Hilversum. If for example I go only to Utrecht Centraal and back. I would guess not since it's on the trajectory anyway.
3.I understood that if I travel outside the trajectory, I will be charged for that at the end of the month. So, it's ok if I have no credit on my OV chipkart right? I will just be charged at the end of the month.
4. If I travel more than my trajectory. For example if I go Utrecht>Hilversum>Amsterdam and my pass covers Utrecht>Hilversum. Do I have to get off the train in Hilversum, check out and then check in again and continue? Or I can just continue and I will be charged only for the Hilversum>Amsterdam part(40%)
Beste antwoord door Tochjo
1. You can check in and out normally and don't need to activate something.
2. In general, and in this case, you don't. There are certain circumstances in which you do, but those don't occur on your trajectory.
3. True. If you wish to use the same card for travelling by bus, tram or subway, you do need to load credit on the card.
4. You do not have to check in and out in Hilversum and will only be charged for Hilversum-Amsterdam.