what should we do in the train station before traveling on the train?
Beste antwoord door Gert-Jan G
1. The passenger accompanying you holds their OV-chipkaart up to the OV-chipkaart logo at the bottom right of the NS ticket machine. (can be a personal or anonymous card)
2. Choose ‘Add other products’, then ‘Joint journey discount’ and the class you want or select it directly from the left column on the start screen if the software of the machine has been updated.
3. Click on 'Agree' and hold the OV-chipkaart up to the OV-chipkaart logo at the bottom right of the NS ticket machine again.
4. The passenger accompanying you adds credit to the balance of their own OV-chipkaart. A minimum of € 10 is required to be able to travel.
5. The passenger accompanying you checks him or herself in during off-peak hours* and checks out at the end of the journey, and is able to travel at a 40% discount.
Don't forget to read the full version:
*off peak hours 'voordeeluren' (which apply to joint journey discount) differ from off peak hours 'daluren'.