beantwoord

what type of abbonement would be useful for moving?

• 7 September 2021
  • 11 reacties
  • 140 Bekeken

Hi,

I'm going to move soon, I'm just waiting for the renovations to be done. The place that I am renting now had the furniture included, so most of what I need to move are clothes and books. No heavy/bulky things. I was thinking that it might an option to move the things slowly over a couple of weeks by taking the train. It would have the advantage that I could do this in parallel with buying the furniture for the new place, and I wouldn't have to worry about having to pack and move everything at once.

I don't know how much this would cost compared to using a moving company. What are the abbonement options? Are there other issues that I would need to consider?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Beste antwoord door Momo 7 September 2021, 23:40

It all depends on when you want to move, like on weekend or weekdays. And on weekdays it depends on the time, peak or off-peak hours.

On weekends (starting friday evening 18:30) : NS Flex Weekend Vrij - €31 per month

On weekdays off-peak (check in time before 6:30,  between 9:00 and 16:00 and after 18:30) + weekends : NS Flex Dal Vrij - €106 per month

Everyday all day (so including peak hours) : NS Flex Traject Vrij - depends on traject. 

Things you need to consider are the rules regarding luggage, like the height, width or depth not more than 85 centimeters.

Bekijk origineel

11 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Weekendvrij   is valid for  a month free traveling from Friday 18.30 up to Monday 04.00 The price is €31,00 for unlimited journeys. Moving is not allowed, but when it appears like a normal amount of luggage, and no more han that , it is no problem. Do not push it to the limit.

It is definitely cheaper than a moving company;-). It takes a lot of time though. With Weekendvrij eight days a month an four evenings are available, but only during the weekend.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

It all depends on when you want to move, like on weekend or weekdays. And on weekdays it depends on the time, peak or off-peak hours.

On weekends (starting friday evening 18:30) : NS Flex Weekend Vrij - €31 per month

On weekdays off-peak (check in time before 6:30,  between 9:00 and 16:00 and after 18:30) + weekends : NS Flex Dal Vrij - €106 per month

Everyday all day (so including peak hours) : NS Flex Traject Vrij - depends on traject. 

Things you need to consider are the rules regarding luggage, like the height, width or depth not more than 85 centimeters.

Badge +3

Any luggage under 85×85×85 cm that can be easily moved/transported is free to take on a train (considered hand luggage, compare a folding bicycle or large suitcase).

So that could easily be a table size furnace/stove or fridge.

This worked well (sort of, 85 cm in height well exceeded) so I don’t recommend doing that (bad example)!

Let’s call it wheelchairs

Fot the type of abonnement, Weekend Free seems good.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

https://www.ns.nl/reisinformatie/bagage

Uw Handbagage is uw eigen verantwoordelijkheid. U dient ervoor te zorgen dat uw Handbagage het gangpad en de nooduitgangen niet verspert, het in- en uitstappen van
uw medereizigers of het NS personeel niet belemmert of hindert, en niet een zitplaats inneemt indien een mede- reiziger daarop aanspraak maakt.

NS kan u de toegang tot de trein weigeren of u verplichten de trein te verlaten als NS van oordeel is dat uw Hand- bagage, of het gebruik daarvan, hinder veroorzaakt of zal veroorzaken. NS mag dit in ieder geval doen als de hoogte, breedte of diepte van uw Handbagage meer dan 85 centi- meter bedraagt.

U gaat ermee akkoord dat NS uw achtergebleven of onbe- heerde Handbagage kan openen, controleren en – indien nodig – vernietigen. Indien uw achtergebleven of onbe- heerde Handbagage geen (vermoeden van) gevaar of over- last oplevert, geldt uw Handbagage als gevonden voorwerp zoals bedoeld in artikel 7.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

If it is mainly clothes and books you could use big suitcases or boxes on something like this.

Badge +3

In my example, the sticker for bicycle priority in the second pic is clear enough @Thom 

Actual wheelchairs even have priority over them, of course.

For what @Momo showed, perfect and don’t worry about the height. An ironing board (strijkplank) stored upright/vertically will fit fine and no questions asked.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Do have a look at the trolley, forget about the bike.

Fiets even wegdenken en alleen het boodschappenkarretje. Gaat prima. Thom reist al zo, Fiets in de stalling op rekening, en met dit karretje in de trein.. 😉 Er gaat veel in en geen gesjouw. Je rijdt het karretje.

Nu met @Loes  nog even stroom regelen voor het gourmetstel, lol.

Badge +3

Regarding the furniture an off-topic video in Dutch, but that’s Australia!

For the Dutch conductors (bus/train and somewhat more relaxed) see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgvUeY0N9eY (see 7:20 into that video for the leniancy and smile from the staff). At 9:25 into the video they were kicked out/refused.

Be aware of NS personnel cursing at the guys in the video, where a former colleague allowed it! Klapscheet… rent a van (better idea indeed for that)!

They next tried it with animals, hilarious but not allowed of course.

YMMV (your mileage may vary) so any fine or removal from a train is ‘best effort’ at most, all of that  depending on the mood of the conductor and crowdedness on a train. Avoid the ‘spits’ (rush hours)

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

For what @Momo showed, perfect and don’t worry about the height. An ironing board (strijkplank) stored vertically will fit fine and no questions asked.

The website says the height is 99,5 cm, but if you stack stuff on it to only to 85 cm you could fold down the top part while in the train if needed. And if you stack if higher with boxes full with books it might get too heavy for this thing anyway. 

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the information!

It seems that the NS Flex Weekend Vrij is the best option for me. I could make 1-2 trips per weekend to bring everything. 4 weekends should be more than enough for what I have, and I might get very motivated to get rid of clothes that I haven't worn in a while. If there is anything left after that, or things that don't fit the height requirement, I can send them by post to the new address, or ask some friends to help me with one trip by car.

I was thinking of carrying things in a backpack + 2 large shopping bags per trip. I have a folding bike which is very useful, but I wouldn't want to carry too much weight on it.

Luckily I don't need to move furniture.

Have a great week!

Badge +3

Have a ball, ‘break a leg’ or other terms applicable.

Train conductors will either help or deny/refuse you.

For NS trains, my bet is that you will be good. No questions asked.

Folding bikes are always allowed.

Reageer